boosting problem (kinda long)

no1kicker

I did it on my TSTE three times over the years and once on this TGP, I hook it up on one of the vaccume ports on the TB. never any problems (minus pissing off my preppy neighbors with all the black smoke) Have also done it on my 1997 GTP several times also.

I usually do it in conjunction with oil change, and spark plug change yearly.

I did it on my Talon a few weeks ago. Used Mopar Cumbustion Chamber Cleaner (same shit) and looked at my turbo turbine after. It was like it was brand new. Not an ounce of carbon on the cylinder tops, piston tops, or turbo exhaust turbine. My mid range and top end flutter went away as soon as I used it. That stuff will not hurt a turbine...help to clean off any old carbon, but won't hurt it... 8)

Here is the write-up for properly doing it on a 4G63 motor...but easily applies to any engine... http://www.outreach.psu.edu/users/res122/DSM/

so u spary that stuff into the pcv hose that gos into the vavle cover (the one that goes from the valve cover to the air box?) that sounds like a weird way to do it! did i get that right?

http://www.outreach.psu.edu/users/res122/DSM/

Common sense will tell you that there is no vacuum produced coming from the valve cover. :wink: The vacuum is produced by the intake of the engine. The PCV hose pulls vacuum from the valve cover into the intake. Now the hose going into the air cleaner box is not a PCV line...that is just a crankcase breather that will keep negative pressure in the valve cover when the car goes into a boost condition and the PCV valve closes.

On a TGP/TSTE it would be smart to use one of the vacuum ports on the throttle body because the PCV valve is buried under the upper plenum on the 3.1 motors.

Which port to use is a good question...answers anyone? 8)

the nipple that is used for the automatic transmission....just behind the TB & facing the waterneck (which will be used as a BOV source on my car 8) )

That's what I was thinking..

Really it just has to be a vacuum hose going into the intake manifold.

You could also use the vacuum line going to the MAP sensor, or any of the vacuum lines that come out the top of the throttle body. Just as long as it sucks, and you can plug a line into it, it will probably work.

I would bet that you could also unplug the small vacuum line from the cruise module, and use that too, it you wish.

We do those intake cleaner jobs at work a lot! It smells really nasty, but works very well.

Another thing I have used that worked quite well is a Valvoline fuel rail cleaner. It is a bottle that hooks into the fuel rail pressure port (where you'd plug in a fuel pressure guage.) You unhook the fuel pump, and let the engine run off of this cleaner stuff until the bottle is empty. I ran it on the Beretta, and it idled, and ran much smoother afterwards. I'm not sure if the stuff is sold to the public, but many shops offer something similar. One thing cleans the intake, intake runners, and pistons. The other cleans the fuel rail, injectors, and pistons. Take your pick, I like to run both :D

It is funny because the smell of the Mopar Cumbustion Chamber Cleaner smelled exactly the same, and smoked as bad as this stuff I used to run through Outboard Boat motors when I was a kid working in a marina in Maine. Same principle...run it into the motor and it cleans the cylinder walls and combustion chamber of carbon deposits. Only thing that was different was this stuff would be run through the motor to clean everything out...then you would "fog" the motor with a cylinder oil for winter storage... 8)