big brakes

dohc v6

Do you have all stock brakes around? If so a cheap and good upgrade would be the 94+ brakes, and the 95+ Front brakes. The rear has better/bigger calipers, and the fronts have bigger rotors overall it makes the car stock pretty good, for W standards. Other than that you could go to RSM and get one of their upgrades but they cost somewere around $1300.

If so a cheap and good upgrade would be the 94+ brakes, and the 95+ Front brakes.

I've done that upgrade, and was pleasantly surprised to see the 95+ front brakes really DOES help! It brakes better than the 94 convertible, and that car has 16" wheels and the bigger booster. It also seemed to reduce warping, because my front rotors almost always warped, even with 94+ rear calipers, but now they don't. Sadly, they're only 11.25" and 1" thick (approximately) which I would hardly consider a "big" brake upgrade. I'm not even sure I would consider those medium sized brakes. It's like going from absolutely tiny brakes to small brakes. For modern GM midsize cars, 12" rotors and 1.25" thickness is the norm.

Guest TurboSedan
Can I use the 95+ brake booster on my TGP? [it has vacuum brakes, moneymaster 3 was removed by previous owner, and I think my booster is the old abs booster.]

not sure but probably. i can't use the bigger booster because it would interfere with my clutch master cylinder :?

Can I use the 95+ brake booster on my TGP? [it has vacuum brakes, moneymaster 3 was removed by previous owner, and I think my booster is the old abs booster.]

not sure but probably. i can't use the bigger booster because it would interfere with my clutch master cylinder :?

Relocate the M/C, and 90TGP you should be able too w.o a problem.

ALSO- What advantages does SS lines have over stock, more line pressure?

Guest TurboSedan

Relocate the M/C

HA! much easier said than done. the clutch pedal pushrod would have to line up straight and even if that was doable i'd have to make a new hole in the firewall for it. just not worth the effort IMO.

ALSO- What advantages does SS lines have over stock, more line pressure?

i think they help prevent the hose from bulging, resulting in a loss of pressure. probably last longer too :)