Wierd starting issue ive been having for the past two days

HokemBokem

So it started yesterday morning. When I start my car it is alot rougher and louder. It feels like the car is working much harder than before. The idle is much rougher and I have no clue what it is. Also I hear this screeching from my front left tire or engine bay, but I think that is a whole seperate issue :x Im sick of fixing shit on this car so please guys help me out here.

damn sure you on't have an exhaust leak? any SES codes? i'd check your wires and plugs first off. mabie take it back to the place that rebuilt your engine and see if they would have any idea since its under warranty probably.

My Lumina makes a loud screeching when it is extremely cold here and I start it up cold in the morning..my oil pressure is zero when this happens.. then after 3 secs of screeching the guage shoots to almost max. and it runs like normal. I dunno what it is but it only happens for me when I'm starting it cold and it hasn't been plugged in.

Maybe your power steering pump is low on fluid??

Rough running, screeching? I know a motor will sound rough when it's low on oil, and I've had an oil pump go out on me before. When the oil pump is about to go, it'll sound almost like you're low on power steering fluid (a groaning kind of sound) and when it finally lets loose, it'll let out a high pitched squeal (higher pitched than a pulley siezing up and the belt burning up) and your oil light will come on.

I'd take it back, poste haste, to the shop that rebuilt it and complain. A fresh motor should run like it's brand new, no excuses.

When you had the motor rebuilt, did they install all new plugs, wires, belts, hoses, oxygen sensors, etc? You should at least take it back to them 'cause it might be something major that would be covered under the warranty. If not, they can at least point you in the right direction...

Rough running, screeching? I know a motor will sound rough when it's low on oil, and I've had an oil pump go out on me before. When the oil pump is about to go, it'll sound almost like you're low on power steering fluid (a groaning kind of sound) and when it finally lets loose, it'll let out a high pitched squeal (higher pitched than a pulley siezing up and the belt burning up) and your oil light will come on.

I'd take it back, poste haste, to the shop that rebuilt it and complain. A fresh motor should run like it's brand new, no excuses.

When you had the motor rebuilt, did they install all new plugs, wires, belts, hoses, oxygen sensors, etc? You should at least take it back to them 'cause it might be something major that would be covered under the warranty. If not, they can at least point you in the right direction...

:werd:

Well the screeching I just found out was from my brake pad squeek bar, I just got those not too long ago also :evil:

The regal still starts up harsh though and sounds louderw hile accelerating. I was looking at the reciept and they didnt change a whole lot. I still have the same spark plugs/wires. Also a lot more is probobly the same so what do you guys think it is?

anyones guess without you doing further trouble shooting. we could sugest stuff, but that would be a shot in the dark. i'd call up the place that did the engine job and see if they will look at it since its probably under warranty