Please be honest :)

Brian P

Which color?!  

1. 1. Which color?!

What color looks better between these 2 cars? The blue is almost the same as the color I want (used by GM currently on Trucks and the monte carlo, 99-01 vettes) versus the white my car currently is. Either way I'll be giving my car a repaint. I have the international bumpers and rocker panels. I have the wheels. DOnt just pick white because of the better pic quality, cause my wheels will be as shiny if not shinier (going to polish the inserts) I am not too bothered by the extra work in changing a car color. Let me know!

cs90convBLUE.jpg

cs91intlWHITE.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian P

• ismellrealbad

• GnatGoSplat

• gmrulz4u

My opinion is the white. In my opinion a beautiful shiney white car stand out more than a blue car. Don get me wrong i think the blue you have picked is a nice color too but i just think the white is better. I wont post my definate vote though becasue i think the shitty pic quality of the blue car is hindering my decision. find a better blue pic then maybe i can decide better.

You could say "yeah well, the white is harder to keep clean." Well if your going to spend the money (and time im guessing your doing this yourself) It would be dumb to not take care of teh blue as meticulously as you would the white. Like i said, when squeaky clean the white looks awesome

heh. right now im searching the web for a better picture. and I call BS on anyone who says white is hard to keep clean. I could not wash my car for 3 months and it wouldnt show as much as a dark car would. Dark colors are practically invisible when light colored dirt is on it :)

I call BS on anyone who says white is hard to keep clean.

100% with you, being we've both own(ed) white cars for long periods of time, If i hadnt washed my car for a month, i would go wash it, about all i'd gain is shine, and a loss of dirt close to the bottoms of the wheelwells on the fenders. In the winter it stays cleaner too, all the road salt crap hardly shows

I know, whoever posted that pic on this forum earlier made me think twice about what I want. Cause white can make a 14 year old car look new. Im just going to stay away from the bright white GM used 93-97? Horrible white. Just too bright, THAT white shows dirt!

I know, whoever posted that pic on this forum earlier made me think twice about what I want. Cause white can make a 14 year old car look new. Im just going to stay away from the bright white GM used 93-97? Horrible white. Just too bright, THAT white shows dirt!

sadly my car is Bright White........its not horrible, but your 100% right about the damn dirt...lol........looks like NEW when washed but shitty as hell after driving through a little dirt/dust

I owned 2 white cars, 1 silver, and i black vette and i will say that black is the hardest to keep it nice and clean, white i think is the best because even when my cars get dirty and i wash them i see better result than on a silver on and makes me more proud of washing my car when i can actully see a good results of cleaning it.

well that is what I call unanimus(i can't spell) any ways the international all one color and white looks tight as hell unless it is the midnight blue that is on the z71's that color is so cool, but if you have a rage top I wouldn't the black and blue doesn't jive

When it comes to 1988-1991 Cutlass Supreme's(2-door only), I think the ONLY colors it looks good in our Red, White, Black and Gray/Silver...I mean, Blue, Green, Purple, etc...just looks shitty...It's almost like the Supreme's body wasn't meant to be painted that way, in fact, I don't think I've EVER seen a Green one...

Of course, this isn't the case for the 4-door Supreme's or the 1992-1997 ones...

Another thing...I don't think A LOT of people stop to think about this BUT:

About 30-35% of what you're seeing when you LOOK at a car is WINDOWS and TIRES/WHEELS...

So think about that...use Shawn's PhotoShop'd car at the top of this forum as an example...the Tinted Windows and 5-Spoke Rims make a HUGE difference in appearance!

That's why AS SOON as I get my car re-painted, I am getting the Windows Tinted...Windows make an ENORMOUS difference in appearance...especially on W-Body cars...lets face it, we have A LOT of glass to work with!:)

Then, in the summer, I'm getting new rims(probably white)

A car painted all White with nicely Tinted Windows is VERY attractive...

Just thought I'd add this regarding rims/wheels and windows...something to think about...so of course painted a car makes a BIG difference in appearance...but don't deny the other 30% of the car!:)

damn, unanimous!! Thanks for all the input guys!

Now the question is which white to get. Ford has a nice oxford white code "YO" I might check out today. Also the white that GM is using on current models is nice too. It's not yellowish like the white they used in the late 80s-1992. WHen I park next to my ex-gf's '95 Grand am (in bright white) my car looks like doody :) Mainly because there's so much of a yellow tint in it, where the bright white seems to have a little bit of a bluish tint. The new GM white seems to have like a red tint to it. Hard to explain how I see the other colors in white paint, but doing a direct comparison with another car (such as one in bright white) it stands out.

Also while on the rim subject, I cant wait to polish up the inserts on my wheels. I'll end up using a sanding wheel on a drill (kind of looks like a cylinder made of small flaps of sandpaper, works damn good) to get all the paint off and make the alloy "smooth", wetsand with 600 all the way to 3000 grit, then clearcoat it. Hell yeah

There's a green metallic Int'l locally with light silver ground-effects.

Man...I can't even BEGIN to imagine what that would look like...I'm thinking NOT good...but who knows...

It looked very ghetto. I'll see if I can get pics of it sometime. I saw it at the library last, although that was probably 2yrs ago. But I see it every couple of years.

I think the green/silver would look good...possibly.

Brian, what about the pearl white that caddilac uses, I think that would look really nice.

-Tom