how do i install speakers in the door???

Smoke1991

i got cutouts allready, got the pannels from brian. all i need to do is take the pannels off, run wire, and install the speakers.

exactly how do i remove these pannels, i forgot how brian did it, he went to fast.

I need somthing to keep me busy today so im gona throw on these pioneer 3 way 6 1/2 speakers on the doors.

also any suggestions on where to run the speaker wire through???or just trace the other wires going out of the door into the car?

i got cutouts allready, got the pannels from brian. all i need to do is take the pannels off, run wire, and install the speakers.

exactly how do i remove these pannels, i forgot how brian did it, he went to fast.

I need somthing to keep me busy today so im gona throw on these pioneer 3 way 6 1/2 speakers on the doors.

also any suggestions on where to run the speaker wire through???or just trace the other wires going out of the door into the car?

Well when I did the rear 6" x 9"'s in my Regal each speaker had a little connector on it with two wires. So I cut off the stock connector spliced the wire to a new connector then onto the speakers.

well hooking them up is not a problem, i just need to know how to take the pannels off, then if there are any spacific ways to run the wire.

im shure i could figure it out, but i dont need to brake anything else.

When you remove the panel, be sure to take out every screw you can find. Remove the trim surrounding the door handle, cause there are a couple of screws hiding there. There usually is a large screw somewhere along the armrest, and sometimes there's one hiding behind the power window/lock switchpod. Also look around the perimiter of the door for any and all screws. When you've removed all the screws, carefully pry the panel out from the bottom. It helps if you have a clip removal tool (which kinda looks like a gigantic fork) but you can manage without one. The trim clips GM used are kinda stubborn to remove, but again, if you're careful, shouldn't be a big deal. After you have all the clips "unplugged," lift straight up on the panel to dislodge it from the door...

There's 2 screws visible under the PW switch assembly, you gotta remove the inside door handle "bezel" (1 screw) after the bezel is removed, there's a long screw going in sideways to keep the top of the armrest/handle in. there's 1 or 2 screws where the seatbelt comes out the top of the panel by the window, what else.....

that little screw near the mirror, and remove the lower seatbelt cover (carpeted) then the rest is pulling out the clips. I had mounted the 6.5's directly to the door panel, with the speaker mounting surface on the "inside".