easy cheap performance

boechler14

wait, I'll answer that one!

You park anywhere and hope IT doesn't fuck YOU over and decided to get so mad it literally burst into flames!

Too close to the LQ1's description if you ask me.

Most of the performance community has a description for what we're doing with W Bodies. "Turd Polishing"

But, IMO, I don't think modding a car has to be justified to anyone else except a joint bank account holder ( & even then, a little white lie or two won't hurt..."No, honey, the supercharged motor won't ummm..spontaneously explode, kill small children & eat timing belts like the 3.4(well, it won't...the last one, at least :mrgreen:)" If you can convince a wife/gf to let you throw thousands of dollars at a car, regardless of make/model, you don't have to prove anything else to anyone.

Too close to the LQ1's description if you ask me.

Most of the performance community has a description for what we're doing with W Bodies. "Turd Polishing"

But, IMO, I don't think modding a car has to be justified to anyone else except a joint bank account holder ( & even then, a little white lie or two won't hurt..."No, honey, the supercharged motor won't ummm..spontaneously explode, kill small children & eat timing belts like the 3.4(well, it won't...the last one, at least :mrgreen:)" If you can convince a wife/gf to let you throw thousands of dollars at a car, regardless of make/model, you don't have to prove anything else to anyone.

Well said!

My car so far is nothing but cheap mods. I dunno if I should be proud of that. :? When I pulled out the "snorkel" from my airbox I notice two things. It sounds better and my hwy mpg was better. Didn't really notice anything with the K&N but that was expected. Anyways, it'll last me forever. One mod that surprised me the most was my "engine grounding kit". You can probably make one for $30+ depending on how nice you want to make them. My next mod will be to remove the "U-Bend" on my exhaust. Dunno if I'll be able to feel the difference but someone told me my fuel economy will be better. :D Oh yeah! Maybe make a "cold air induction" too. :wink:

P.S. Hey C-Bad :cheers:

sorry to be off topic, but what are you driving w3rk5

i'm so fucking tired of hearing about the L67 swap.

if you want a fast car, buy something else. simple.

So your saying the L67 can't be fast?

a L67 swap isn't a cost-effective mod.

i wouldn't want to be in the same group as the rest of L67 drivers anyways. most are assholes.

Cost effective? If the necessary parts are sourced new, no, it's not. Used, such as out of a wrecked GTP/Regal or even buying the whole car outright & then parting out the rest of the salvageable parts on the car to recoup costs, it's a little easier to swallow, but it's nowhere near throwing a 4bbl & an intake on a SBC or even a B series swap in a Civic.

Cost effective? If the necessary parts are sourced new, no, it's not. Used, such as out of a wrecked GTP/Regal or even buying the whole car outright & then parting out the rest of the salvageable parts on the car to recoup costs, it's a little easier to swallow, but it's nowhere near throwing a 4bbl & an intake on a SBC or even a B series swap in a Civic.

350 parts are cheap. there's a huge variety too.

i wouldn't want to be in the same group as the rest of L67 drivers anyways. most are assholes.

man are you a negative person :cuss: .

no, i'm a realist. if something sucks, i say it sucks. i don't bullshit about thinks to make others happy

no, i'm a realist. if something sucks, i say it sucks. i don't bullshit about thinks to make others happy

I understand that converting over to a L67 isn't a cheap mod, but the comment about the owners being assholes is a typical one that you are known to say. Also being a realist is cool, though I don't remember many good remarks that you make on this board...its getting old and people are tired of listening to you kick "our" type of cars to the curb! (correction)Sorry about speaking for others...I'm getting sick of it.

OMG people don't let this turn into a pro-L67 session now

easy cheap performance, huh? well if you find any be sure to let us know!!

Ben's right...fuck the L67. (BTW, you got anymore of those T-shirts Ben? you should sell 'em, i'm sure folks would buy 'em.) Don't get me wrong it's a great engine, with lots of potential, but everybody and their freaking brother has one so what's the point if eveyone you know has got one? Go with something a little more rare, but that's just me.

Personally I'd go with all the FFP parts for starters then continue from there. A tune-up, CAI, P&P, forced air induction, 5-Speed swap, engine swap, weight reduction....thelist is endless at what you can do.

yes

im an asshole

thanks

fucktard

I understand that converting over to a L67 isn't a cheap mod, but the comment about the owners being assholes is a typical one that you are known to say. Also being a realist is cool, though I don't remember many good remarks that you make on this board...its getting old and people are tired of listening to you kick "our" type of cars to the curb! (correction)Sorry about speaking for others...I'm getting sick of it.

No shit! Get the fuck out of here Kevin! If you don't like our cars then why are you here?

No shit! Get the fuck out of here Kevin! If you don't like our cars then why are you here?

:werd:

GO DAN GO!

OMG people don't let this turn into a pro-L67 session now

easy cheap performance, huh? well if you find any be sure to let us know!!

Ben's right...fuck the L67. (BTW, you got anymore of those T-shirts Ben? you should sell 'em, i'm sure folks would buy 'em.) Don't get me wrong it's a great engine, with lots of potential, but everybody and their freaking brother has one so what's the point if eveyone you know has got one? Go with something a little more rare, but that's just me.

Personally I'd go with all the FFP parts for starters then continue from there. A tune-up, CAI, P&P, forced air induction, 5-Speed swap, engine swap, weight reduction....thelist is endless at what you can do.

Just face it the L67 is cheaper to mod and you get better results for less money. I'm not saying the 3.4 isn't a good engine but you get better results with the L67. Prove me wrong! I know of a few pre 97 gp's in the 12's with a l67 swap. Any 3.4's there yet?

yes

im an asshole

thanks

fucktard

learn to read, dipshit. notice the word "most"

Some of us get very frustrated with our w-bodys when it comes to mods. I did what you said Kevin and bought a different car. Now the L36 isn't the L67, but I can build it up to where I would be happy. I can't wait til I save some cash and turn some heads with this GT. FFP and ZZP are 2 companies who allow us to gain a few HP's.

Some of us get very frustrated with our w-bodys when it comes to mods. I did what you said Kevin and bought a different car. Now the L36 isn't the L67, but I can build it up to where I would be happy. I can't wait til I save some cash and turn some heads with this GT. FFP and ZZP are 2 companies who allow us to gain a few HP's.

well, it's good you're happy with what you bought and the aftermarket that exists for it.

just realize that i look at things differently than most people on this board

yes

im an asshole

thanks

fucktard

So now we're dipshits? I've never met an asshole L67 owner yet. (in person) Really not even on any forums.

ehhh lay off the Kevin bashing guys.....he says his views and their not exactly popular here but a decent amount of the time he is right....

because SOME of the members here are one-sided.

see, i can't flame others or the thread will be locked and i will be banned, but others can make up shit that i never said and use it to flame me all they want

yes

im an asshole

thanks

fucktard

So now we're dipshits? I've never met an asshole L67 owner yet. (in person) Really not even on any forums.

sooOo... :think: are you saying that L67 owners are better then everyone else now!? :shrug: :gone2far:

Yes, those shirts were and may still be available on the 60V6 cafepress store. Brad was in control of those though. Also, I am working on a new store for 60V6 on the 60V6 site, which I hope will bring some of the individuals making parts for these motors into one store location so everyone can find their products easier (my own products will be on there as well).