Carotop

Alright thanks anyway. Um would it be better to put subs instead of 6X9s on the back deck? or would it sound bad. Do yah have any like kinda thug rap or whatever its called?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carotop

• DiscoStudd

• HokemBokem

• gpse_97

G n R sounds AWSOME cranked in our 03 Durango. We have the same Kenwood MP522 in her truck as my car...and those stock speakers freaking rule. Shes a huge GnR fan, and so you can hear her coming down my street all the time!!!

sounds like a great setup you got going! im doing this soon as well!

All right another question is sound deadening worth it? For me at least? Also should I do an enclosed box and if enclosed should it be ported or sealed?

I like ported better, however sealed might provide higher sound quality.

All right another question is sound deadening worth it? For me at least? Also should I do an enclosed box and if enclosed should it be ported or sealed?

If sealed has better sound quality why do you prefer ported :think:

Because with ported you can have a low power sub\amp and it'll still put out some decent bass, however with sealed you need a good sub\amp for good sounding bass.

and I also like the droany bass ported boxes deliver.

Because with ported you can have a low power sub\amp and it'll still put out some decent bass, however with sealed you need a good sub\amp for good sounding bass.

and I also like the droany bass ported boxes deliver.

Ok I see what your saying. More bang for the buck :o

the only problem with ported or bandpass is the it had a more narrow frequency responce. Sealed can be use for all types of music. I kind of miss my system, but too much money for a stinken plastic trophy.

the only problem with ported or bandpass is the it had a more narrow frequency responce. Sealed can be use for all types of music. I kind of miss my system, but too much money for a stinken plastic trophy.

:?: What are you saying to much to win a show? When I get a system it will be for my enjoyment.

:?: What are you saying to much to win a show? When I get a system it will be for my enjoyment.

Exactly what my system is for, my enjoyment. It wouldn't win any awards but sure does sound good!

I should have mentioned that I did compete for 3 years. It started out as enjoyment til I checked out a competition and got sucked in. My ears still tickle a little when I hear bass.

I should have mentioned that I did compete for 3 years. It started out as enjoyment til I checked out a competition and got sucked in. My ears still tickle a little when I hear bass.

SQ or SPL?

SQ or SPL?

I've mostly entered SPL, but don't get me wrong...it did sound nice when I wasn't tormenting my ears with high levels of db's. I didn't have one of those systems where you only heard a deep rumble. I like highs in music...I actually listened to mostly hard house/progressive back then. You know that feeling when your in a club and the music is sounding unlike when you normally hear it, thats what I miss about my old system.

What did you hit dan?

I don't think that its as respectful now as it was then for what my setup consisted of. I was involved when I was 22-24 yrs old(Im 28 now). I ran 2 12" JL Audio W4 DVC's off of a Soundstream Rubicon 702(2 channel). I had to run the subs parallel since they were DVC's so I was in the dual sub 300-600 watt class. It hit on the average around 144-146 db's depending on the meter at various locations. The box was a sealed box from JL Audio...chambered to seperate the 2 subs. nothing special looking, but was a powerful setup. I just threw out the 7 trophys recently, because I was sick of looking at them collect dust. Fun Times and alot of nice cars.

Cool! You hit about 10db better then me. Damn these sony exploids. :lol:

SONY car speakers... :puke:

I just dug up some pictures of me hitting 147.0 and 149.9(u can actually see the big LED readout) :shock: ...I think I put the wand under the rear deck durng that competition...little bit of cheating :lol:

SQ or SPL?

I've mostly entered SPL, but don't get me wrong...it did sound nice when I wasn't tormenting my ears with high levels of db's. I didn't have one of those systems where you only heard a deep rumble. I like highs in music...I actually listened to mostly hard house/progressive back then. You know that feeling when your in a club and the music is sounding unlike when you normally hear it, thats what I miss about my old system.

I'm mainly an SQ person myself, but thats a damn hard thing to accomplish. So far, I have been very successful at it, and this car is still getting to where I want it to be(hard to do in this damn thing!!). I used to want to do SPL, but to me, thats not as hard to do as SQ, and I like challenges.