L67 swap into 92' Lumina

Skeeterone2

Okay...im trying to figure out what i want to do to my car this summer... and my original thoughts were to do a 3X00 hybrid swap and do a manual tranny swap also... but i was talking with my dad and he was explaining to me that maybe i should think about just getting a new engine to drop in my car instead of tearing apart the engine i have... because i prolly would be able to get more power out of something eles a lot more economical... i still want to change my car to manual no matter what i choose... does anyone have any resources about the L67 swap into a lumina... L67swap.com is down and has been down for a time now... and i cant get any info from them... i want to mate a 282 to an L67 and put it in my car... so can anyone help me out here with info?

... so do you guys have any input on what i should do... what rout should i go with my car.... and it says there is an internal error when i try and get onto the site.

L67swap.com is down and has been down for a time now... and i cant get any info from them...

www.l67swap.com

:roll:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@l67swap.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

The 282 won't hold up to the amount of torque that the L67 puts out. But if you were to rebuild the 282 or beef it up with stronger parts then maybe it might last a while, considering that you don't beat on it all the time. They hold up quite well in Fieros because of the weight difference from a typical W-Body. But if you decide to go for it then you'll need a machined Camaro flywheel, which you can get from http://www.westcoastfiero.com/Engine_hardware_90/Engine_hardware_90.html. Custom ECM, or you could use the Bypass method if you going OBDII with the l67's stock ECM, but other than that it should bolt right up. I suggest that you wait and talk to Brianteel as he is the process of putting a 282 on his L67 GP. Also, talk to some Fiero owners, they do it all the time and are a great source of info. Everything is up to you and what you decide to do. Just make sure you do your research first. Also, I have diagrams, FAQs, and other things saved from that site so let me know if you need anything.

I own the site and the problem is someone hacked it on friday and the host company shut it down as soon as they did it. It should be back up today or tomorrow.

As for a L67swap into your car it is bolt in and you will have to do some wiring. I do it and charge for it or you can use the diagrams on the site and do it youself.

as for bolting a 282 to it, I am doing it right now. no trans can hold the power of a modded FWD car. The trans is not strong but they are cheap light and rebuildable. The fieros bolt N* motors to it and V8s so i am sure it will hold out as long as you drive the way you should.

as for parts i am going with the following

3800 machined flywheel form a fiero club memeber ($250)

Spec clutch for a 1990 GP. it is alittle bigger then the fiero ones

282 trans

Pedals from a 92 Z34

shifter for 89 GP

and cables for a 282

DHP powr tunr (or you can just get one redone by them or intense)

I bought a parts car that made the swap a wash but i dont recomemned it unless you have some way of getting rid of it. I chopped the car up and sold it for scrap.

what do you mean did you ever make the swap....

as for me i did it myself and cost lots of money. I was new when i did it and the motor and trans cost 2700. Now you can get the motor and trans from ebay for 1200 shipped with every thing you need.

the swap is not hard. the hardest part is the wiring and that is one of those thigns that if you dont want to do it I also do the wiring. The motor is bolt in for the most part.the mounting is the same as all w-body cars. you wull need custom axles because one is shorter and you need different inners. other then that and the wiring everything else is pretty easy

• 10 years later...

Hello, everyone just bought a 1992 Lumina Z34 and the engine went out right away my mechanic said he could swap my 3.4 out with a 3800II series. But he ask me to research whether or not if he had to swap a transmission and wiring harness along with the computer? Need answers a.s.a.p. anyone?

Hello, everyone just bought a 1992 Lumina Z34 and the engine went out right away my mechanic said he could swap my 3.4 out with a 3800II series. But he ask me to research whether or not if he had to swap a transmission and wiring harness along with the computer? Need answers a.s.a.p. anyone?

Easiest way is to convert it to OBD2... L67SS has done this, but on a 96 or 97 Monte Carlo. Converting to OBD2 isn't bad if you know what you;re doing, it's mostly repinning stuff. You SHOULD swap out the trans because of the gearing ratio, not to mention the 4T60E is a twig compared to the 4T65E-HD. You want a 65 HD in there mated to the L67, unless you wanna do a manual swap, which I THINK that the F40 from the G6 works. You could also get a non VVT 3.5 from a G6 but idk how much more work you have to do, I just know that the 3500 replaced the 3100 and 3400, which themselves replaced the 3.1 mpfi. The 3.4 was an oddball engine, nothing preceded it nor succeeded it.

Either engine swap you do, you will need different harness, with 3.5 or l67 with 4t65hd trans. Easy way is to spend $200 get then harness and OBDII from Miltzy.

or take about $70 to a picknpull type yard and get a pcm and harness urself :D