3100 Turbo

fleetwoodguy79

Ok everyone, I've finally decided. No DOHC, no 3800SC, I'm keeping the 3100 and putting a turbo on it. Got the money (I hope), now just looking at how to do it. Since my car is basically getting a free paint job (less deductable from the insurance), its time I keep it and make it the best I can! I heard some people say you could go to a junkyard and get a Turbo off a Trans am or something? IF thats the case, how would I go about putting this thing on here and what parts am I gonna need? I'm sure this isn't gonna be fun, but anyone up for a race after I'm done???? ;)

I'll be really interested to see how your project goes. Though I am sure I am stuck with my 97' 3100.... dumb computers....

Bah... I am just going to find me another Turbo Sunbird and stick an intercooler on it heheh.

I'll be really interested to see how your project goes. Though I am sure I am stuck with my 97' 3100.... dumb computers....

Bah... I am just going to find me another Turbo Sunbird and stick an intercooler on it heheh.

yours would be just as easy/hard to do as his. just put the MAF in front of the boost. If you have a MAP just put a check valve in line and bleed the boost off before the MAP so it doesn't read boost.

you should check to see if another stock front manifold flips over and fits the rear. The DOHC manifold does and that is exactly what i am doing with my Turbo DOHC project. So far i have Turbo, I/C, Wastegate, 2nd stock monfiold, 2.5" SSbraided flex and mandrel piping for downpipe.

RedZ

Is that one of the manifolds I sold you?

Yep.

just realize you will need for the trubo project:

Turbo (mine was $800)

Wastegate (internal or external) (mine was $220)

Vortech FMU 10:1 $180

Custom X-Over w/ turbo flange $200 +jet coating

Custom downpipe w/ Flex $300 +jet coating

Misc boost piping

Intercooler $100-1000 (mine was $400)

Blow off valve $50-$300 (mine was a 1st gen DSM BOV $60)

Misc oil lines and flanges $150

I am expecting about $2000-$2500 for my kit. if your useing junkyard parts take off about $800-$1000 bux.

RedZ