Regal Concert Sound II system

firefighter_0029

Does anyone know what the size of the speakers on a 1990 Regal GS Concert Sound II System are?

I know the Bottom of the Doors are 4"X6" and the rear are 6"X9" and the dash are 3 1/2" from crutchfield.com but I want to know what the speakers are on the top of the door.

RegalGS.org says they are 1" tweeters in the top of the door and 5 1/4" in the bottom of the door and 6"X9" in the rear and can tell thats not right. The tweeters are bigger than 1". Can anyone Help?

Yours must be differant than mine the ones near the top of the door aer about 3 1/2" but i'm not real sure what to measure to buy new ones.

Are you measureing the tweeter itself or the trim opening?

You have a speaker in the dash? My Regal doesn't have any in the dash, just the 2 in each door and the rear 6x9's.

Take a pic of the tweeter. I want to see how big it is compared to mine.

Ok I can do that. I have 2 speakers in the top of the doors. (2) 4"X6" speakers in the bottom of the doors. (2) 3 1/2" speakers in the dash. And (2) 6"X9" speakers in the rear dash. They all look pretty old and I want to replace them, but I don't know what the size of the speakers in the top of the doors are. Do you have the concert sound II system? (Does it say concert sound II on the Door?)

knowing gm systems as well as i do, I'd bet you have a 3 1/2" speaker there. Jensen makes a 60 watt replacemant. For most other brands, you'll have to step up to a 4" and do some minor mod work to make them work ie, drill new mount holes.

Rememebr to check for clearance between the new speaker and the window mechanism before installing them. You may end up with a headache if you don't.....

I looked today. I don't have speakers in the dash. I'm thinking there 3 1/2" too. There's no hole in the door to mount the speakers. They have plastic brackets that the speaker glues into and then the bracket screws into the door. The only thing I have to worry about is the clearance from the door to the door panel.