which clutch for a 3.1 Turbo / Getrag 282 ???

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

can anyone here give a recommendation on a good performance clutch for a mild 3.1 Turbo engine/Getrag 282 combo?

all i know right now is that i've heard nothing but crap about Centerforce so i probably won't go with them.

- it needs to be streetable and not kill my left leg while i deliver pizza. this car is my daily driver and altho it won't see the track much, it WILL see some street action :)

- i won't be running alot of power, the car might be high/mid 14s later down the road but that won't be for quite awhile.

- i was planning on a stock resurfaced flywheel but would like to hear more about aluminum flywheels...

any suggestions much appreciated, i'll need to buy a new clutch very soon. thanks!

btw Dave - i'll try to get that intermediate shaft bracket this weekend sometime.

Guest TurboSedan

and if you can find one of those brackets i will jump for joy.......

thanks Josh

Dave

thanks for the link Dave :) sl3196 is taking his GTP to the Douglas track this weekend and i am going to try to go down there to see his car run and get some parts from the 5-speed GP that is at the Douglas salvage yard while i'm at it.

will an aluminum flywheel make the engine rev alot easier/quicker? i got your PM, i'm going to try to email Kevin soon about the SPEC clutches. thanks again, if anyone else has any input i'd love to hear it, thanks