So, I drilled some holes... Should I be worried?

will_s95

So to try to save myself 100 bucks at best buy, I tried to drill the hole for my monoblock subwoofer amp wire myself. I guess I'm in way over my head, and will be shelling out money to best buy tomorrow :extrapuke:

I tried to use these suggestions in this thread I started a while ago as a guideline for where I drilled.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/77072-Questions-about-amp-wiring-looked-at-the-sticky

Anyways, both places I drilled did not end up coming out on the other side of the firewall. Should I start freaking out that I drilled into something important? It did not feel like I drilled into anything. I stopped the drill as soon as it reached whatever it reached on the other side of the metal.

The car starts and runs fine.

post-8299-143689131066_thumb.jpg

That's one of the holes, this one is underneath the steering wheel.

post-8299-14368913108_thumb.jpg

And that's the other one, in the passenger foot well close to the middle of the car. A bit tricky to see but its peeking out from behind the foam.

Edited by will_s95

There are 2 layers of metal there on the body, and then a heat shield after all that. If you drill that little dimple you see there on your pass side, you should be able to get through both layers, and clear the heat shield

sorry if my suggestion was bad. I am used to doing audio installs and although I have never been a professional installer, I can do better than they could ever dream of and would never trust one with any of my cars even for 1 second.