Pillar pod pics

ihateallmustangs

Let's just say I felt up the A-PILLAR on another GM car, and then felt up mine and realized it was a very close match. To top it off parts for this "other" GM car are cheap and plentiful , aftermarket as well :twisted:. Low and behold it was almost a drop-in install. I heated the back up just a little and boom near perfect fit. I had a universal pod but I didn't have the time to glass it all in. So if you can figure out that "other" GM then you have a easy pod install. :twisted:

The color looks fine enough in regular light and blends in with the pillar and dash. Just the flash from the camera brings out the difference.

Picture033.jpg

Picture035.jpg

What other GM car did you get that from? I hate how those universal pods look...so cheap looking.

And damn clean that fucken interior!

So if you can figure out that "other" GM then you have a easy pod install.

Or you could just tell us :dunno: I don't see how you would benefit from not telling us.

What other GM car did you get that from? I hate how those universal pods look...so cheap looking.

And damn clean that fucken interior!

X2

Yeah my cars needs a ton of cleaning. It just too damn cold. No its not a f-body pod and no its not a universal. Its a cavy/sunflower pod.

:rolleyes: I had a universal one and it was in no way a direct fit without molding it in. However I bought one for a CHEVROLET CAVALIER..... and it fits perfect. If a universal one works for you without molding it in then good for you. 27.99 is also much more then what I paid for a CHEVROLET CAVALIER POD. Whatever works for you. I'm sure a f-body pod will work fine for older w-bodys with the more square shaped pillars.

did I mention this part was for a CHEVROLET CAVALIER?

Are you going to mold it on later on so it looks like one piece? Something that is screwed on and the wrong color, no matter how close it fits still looks off.

Are you going to mold it on later on so it looks like one piece? Something that is screwed on and the wrong color, no matter how close it fits still looks off.

well see , its a daily driver that see's 208kms a day. I put it in purely for oil and volt. If I have time I will definatley do it. Anything that makes it look better is always a plus. For now it serves its purpose. I put larger plastic pins in because I could not get any smaller ones at crappy tire.

:rolleyes: I had a universal one and it was in no way a direct fit without molding it in. However I bought one for a CHEVROLET CAVALIER..... and it fits perfect. If a universal one works for you without molding it in then good for you. 27.99 is also much more then what I paid for a CHEVROLET CAVALIER POD. Whatever works for you. I'm sure a f-body pod will work fine for older w-bodys with the more square shaped pillars.

did I mention this part was for a CHEVROLET CAVALIER?