Drivers door won't open

firefighter_0029

I just bought a 1990 Regal GS 2 Door. The door seems like it's stuck locked on the driver's side. Anyone got a clue how to get it open to get the door panel off to fix it.

aaah w body 2 doors what a bitch mine did that over the winter, had to pull the drivers seat and tear door apart from inside, what a bitch that was.

DUDE,

mine is having the same problem.. its because about a few weeks ago i had the door replaced after the original was dented up...im getting mine taken care of tommorrow to the shop so that they can fix it...

your door might not be the origianl door and some guy could have put on another model's door thinking it would fit perfectly...

I can't open my driver door from the inside or outside.. I have to crawl in through the passenger side. Slowly, day by day, my car hurts me just a little more all the time.

LOLOL. I love how these cars have little problems that are really annoying, but for some reason, we still stay loyal to them. From transmission problems, to shitty brakes, to door handles that snap under any application of force, to cradle bolts that break steering shafts, our ass still remains in the driver's seat of our W-Body...

...even if it has to get in through the passenger side first.

You can pull the panel off without removing the seat, but it easier with the seat out of the way. If you have power locks, I'm betting you lock solinoid is stuck on lock. It happens alot on older cars.

our ass still remains in the driver's seat of our W-Body...

...even if it has to get in through the passenger side first.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

so true, i remember doing that for around 2 weeks before i got mad enough to pull up my drivers seat and tear apart the door frm the inside :x

then occasionally in the winter my drivers door stays either froze shut or open :shock:

and my back parking brake decided to leave me stuck in the bad part of pittsburgh at night once, NOT fun pulling off your wheel to manually reset the parking brake!

then there was the time i spent 3 hours fine tuneing my drivers door so it worked perfect, then the next day my handle busted!

but somehow i love my car aside of the little crap.

shawn, tear out your drivers seat, pull off the doorskin if its there, play with the linkages till it opens drill the pop rivits holding your door latch assembly in place, and the three torx bolts on the outside of the door go to the yard and pull a new one its easy as hell, i've had mine in and out a few times now

shawn, tear out your drivers seat, pull off the doorskin if its there, play with the linkages till it opens drill the pop rivits holding your door latch assembly in place, and the three torx bolts on the outside of the door go to the yard and pull a new one its easy as hell, i've had mine in and out a few times now

My door panel has been off for months. I've fucked with those linkages for hours on end.. to no avail.

And yes, John.. no matter what happens to our stupid pieces of shit, we still love 'em.. W-body people have to be some of the most loyal car owners ever..

My prix started to do that at the end....and i know it was a 95 but hey its still a w....i got in from the passengers' side, and there was a lever that sort of was like the thing that opens and closes when you open up the door...i wanna say about even height wise w/ the fuse box...MAYBE a lil higher....greased that baby up and no more problems....hope it helps...of course i kind of had the problem of not getting it to shut also hehe

Guest Anonymous
firefighter, you have to pull the handle for the door to open ya lazy bastard. :bonk:

Hey, not all of us are as smart as you......

I work with him. I know how *smart* he is.

I'll Be Damned........... so ya have to pull on the door handle? :lol:

I unlocked and locked the door with the key a shitload of times and the door opened. Now the damn window falls when you put it down.......When will it end.