A/C Problems....help

jtfdzn

A few weeks ago, I got in my car, and cranked the a/c, and it only came out of the floor vents. It blows ice-cold out on my feet, and I have been trying to find out why it doesn't come out of the dash vents anymore, but I can't find anything. I checked the fuses and stuff, and they all look fine, unless I am missing one somewhere...

If you guys have any ideas/suggestions, I would appreciate it...

Thanks!

Joel

I am not sure if this is it or not...but a few weeks ago, I was installing wiring for my amps and in the process knocked loose a hose underneath the cruise control brain under the hood...I lost not only my dash vents, but my cruise control too...and I am still not sure WHY I would lose BOTH of those...but something to check I guess...

Hmm, I just changed my battery not too long ago, and we all know how much fun it is taking all the stuff out just to get to the battery..could I have forgotten to put something back? Can anyone elaborate or give me pics of what this looks like to see if I disconnected it?

Thanks

Hmm, I just changed my battery not too long ago, and we all know how much fun it is taking all the stuff out just to get to the battery..could I have forgotten to put something back? Can anyone elaborate or give me pics of what this looks like to see if I disconnected it?

Thanks

UHHHGGG...I didn't get pics during the wiring install...it is a small hose that (for me) runs along side the battery plate and under the windshield washing fluid container...hopefully someone has pics... :?

YUP that be the crappy line Shawn.

we hit Mac's place to start his wiring install for his car audio hobby and then he shows up the next day sayig that he has no vents or cruise. i was like WTF. so he popped his hood and started fidgiting around with the area of the cruise control as this is where the wire came through the firewall intot he engine compartment. and well there were 4 of us who all had our hands in there at onetime or another that day. so one of us knocked that hard plastic hose around a bit much and broke it. so i just pulled it apart and removed the 1.5 inch piece that was broken and slid it back together. it was short, but it did not look like it would cause any issues.

but they had to help put this all back together as Mac was up for a car audio comp and well i had to get going to register. but he went for a quick drive and all worked. it was confoosing, but happy to see it worked now.

but thanks for clarifying why it was like that.

Monty

I can get you a part number after I get home, but I personally just used a piece of heat shrink tubing, put it over the 2 halves, heated it up, and it worked perfectly! Been fine for the past... oh, 4-years?

Or even a small piece of rubber hose to join the 2 broken sides would work.

Is #8 the rubber "T" or that plastic 1-way checkvalve?

If it's the checkvalve, they're not expensive.

If it's the rubber "T", I'd just pull the broken fragments out of it and push the remaining plastic tubing back into it (provided you have enough length).

Shit....Where do these vacuum lines go?!

I remember waaaay back in the day I did that "Top Engine" cleaning procedure, the instructions said to find any vacuum line and suck 90% of the fluid through the vacuum line and shut the car off and let it sit for 5 minutes, then run the car until the smoke is gone...

Well, I couldn't find a vacuum line long enough to reach the bottom of the can of engine cleaner, but I remember one of those lines being it!

Also, when I went to start the car, there was no smoke! I assumed that it was because my engine was sparkly clean

Damn it. Did I break something?! Both my A/C and cruise control work

Damn...

-MaD-