Digi dash from a Cutlass.. into a 90 Lumina? Hmmm..

Dirty Rockstar

Just wonderin.. I LOVE the digital dahs (UB3??) In the 90-91 Cutlasses.. Would I be able to get it to operate in my Lumina? I'd LOVE to see that thing every time I check my guages :P Let me know, lol..

1d_3.JPG

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dirty Rockstar

• DiscoStudd

• GnatGoSplat

• slick

You will be able to get it to function, but fitting it in your dash is another story. There's a place out in NY state that sells Caprice 9C1 cop cars. They will install a gauge cluster from a 93-96 Z28 into a Caprice if you buy one from them (for like $440.) I've also seen some webpages detailing the installation since it's not directly a bolt-in deal. What they did was trim some of the plastic from the dash behind where the cluster sat to get it to fit properly. So I say get a Cutty cluster with the harness and pop out your cluster and see how much "massaging" your dash will need. Pop the pins out of your car's harness and pop them in the Cutty harness and away you go!

This is like, the 75th Cutlass or GP part that's been considered going into a lumina. I know I know "yeah but OLOL those cars got features" Just wanted to point that out :lol: :wink:

This is like, the 75th Cutlass or GP part that's been considered going into a lumina. I know I know "yeah but OLOL those cars got features" Just wanted to point that out :lol: :wink:

True, they had the features.. I want them too, but in my Chevrolet.. Gotta keep my Luminii pride so we can have flame wars over the best W body :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, they do, but not all of us are willing to go on a goose chase for the entire car that might as well be on the other side of the country and to transport it back. Some of us also might have too much money into the car. As for the digital dash, I dont think that the want for one of them's just for the Luminas, since not all of us have the full Cutlass gauge that'd want one.

True, they had the features.. I want them too, but in my Chevrolet.. Gotta keep my Luminii pride so we can have flame wars over the best W body :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try thinking of it this way: The most fun to drive cars are generally very simple and basic, like the Lotus/Caterham 7 etc. Without all of those options that nobody really needs, the Lumina is much simpler than a fancy GP SE or Cutlass Supreme... Ooohh yeaah :cheers:

The toys is a huge part of the appeal of the older Cutlass, Grand Prix, and Regal. It's the whole reason I'm a big fan. Had I started with a featureless Lumina, I probably would have jumped ship to an import luxury car years ago.

Simple = :boring:

Gadgets and eye candy = :rocking:

The toys is a huge part of the appeal of the older Cutlass, Grand Prix, and Regal. It's the whole reason I'm a big fan. Had I started with a featureless Lumina, I probably would have jumped ship to an import luxury car years ago.

Simple = :boring:

Gadgets and eye candy = :rocking:

Finally.. I thought I was the last of an aging dynasty of fancy gizmos and cool techno shit 8)

Some of us also might have too much money into the car. As for the digital dash, I dont think that the want for one of them's just for the Luminas, since not all of us have the full Cutlass gauge that'd want one.

What?

Some of us also might have too much money into the car. As for the digital dash, I dont think that the want for one of them's just for the Luminas, since not all of us have the full Cutlass gauge that'd want one.

What?

I kinda just moved right over that post.........

lol.. I think hes gettin at all of owners that have, sayt a base cluster or some shit like that.. Like the base cutty digital one.. Everyone wants one that has a cutlass.. Not just them though.. Lumina owners, regal, GP owners.. I personally find the GP digi cluster ass ugly.. The cutlass UB3 Digital is by far the best lookin one out there, and if anyone has a differing opinion, then its just easier to call you stupid..

:joke: :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Id love the cutty digital cluster in the petty. If i could get it to work, the hell with the damn TGP cluster, the cutty digital cluster owns everything.

Id love the cutty digital cluster in the petty. If i could get it to work, the hell with the damn TGP cluster, the cutty digital cluster owns everything.

OH NO NO NO. YOU BUTCHERED THE TGP CLUSTER, YOU KEEP IT.