GoodYear Tires from Wal-Mart?

ron350

I'm gonna need to find some tires for the winter.

I currently have two 205/70/15R Michelin X1s that were on my grandparent's minivan, I don't see why they wouldn't work well as a winter tire. Maybe put those in the back and something same size but more aggressive in the front to deal with the snow..

I bought some Goodyear RS-A's for Penny's car, and after she read some reviews on them, she doesn't want them. Lots of people reported blowouts and that scared her a lot.

Oh well, I guess I should read reviews before dropping the money.

• 5 months later...

Finally put a set of Wal-Mart GoodYear Viva Touring tires on my 96 Regal. These tires have 33PSI in them and ride way to rough for me. Wish I had spent the extra money and put GY Confor Tread or Michelin Harmony on instead.

Will never use Wal-Mart again if at all possible. I asked them to not put the lug nuts back on with an impact wrench and of course they did. When I got the car home I had to use a breaker bar to loosen the lugnuts and retork. The lug nuts were on so tight a 4 way would not break them loose.

This is a guy that knows how to post! Doesnt make a NEW one for every single little development! JKust digs the old one.. Albeit from July, and lets us know the scoop!

Anyway, sorry to hear they didn't work out for ya.. If you head on back, may I recommend the Michilen Symmetry set? They are a real nice tire, and look good too.. Here's a pic of them on my Euro of Old..:

274035_78_full.jpg

This was after the first accident that should have totalled the car.. Good luck with your tires man! :)

EVERY Goodyear I have ever had sucks elpacka nuts. They either leak air no matter how well they were mounted, or they sound like hell after a while, like a shifted belt or something. I am pretty gentle on everything so I can't see how that would happen....

I have also heard Kuhmo Ecstas were ok.

But I am saving up for some Toyo Proxies.

Classic Radial SR's on my car...great in snow...i've been dragracing and made 30 passes AND 6k street miles and they are still like brand new...and at $55/tire??? :lol: