GoodYear Tires from Wal-Mart?

ron350

My 96 Regal has 55,000 miles on it and needs new tires. The car came with GoodYear Invicta GS tires that grip well in the rain and ride smooth. If GoodYear still made this tire I would buy a new set but they do not.

Wal-Mart sells a GoodYear Viva 2 tire that looks similar to the Invicta GS. Does any one know any thing about the Viva 2 tire that Wal-Mart sells?????????

Guest TurboSedan

i have 225/60-16 Goodyear Viva Touring tires from Wal-Mart, and so far i like them alot. i think they were $66/each if i remember right. i only have the Viva Touring tires on the front. i was going to get the Viva 2's for the back (a little cheaper than Viva Touring) but they didn't have them in stock, so i bought some Douglas tires instead.

the Viva Touring tires seem to be wearing really well, i have no complaints.

Hi Mihela816 The most important thing is how did the Viva2 grip in the rain? I had a set of GoodYear Regatta tires on another car that were loose in the rain.

bullshit they are not that good. My friend had those back on a GP in HS and he hydroplained in the rain, and he wasn't going too fast either. Yea that was sure as hell a close call.

If you want some real good all-weather touring tires check out Bridgestone. I have some Bridgestone Turanza's and when I bought them over a year ago they were the newest model. They did better in comparison tests than the Michellin's and Goodyears. They've got almost 20,000 miles on them now and they're wearing just fine. I can't remember how much I paid for them originally, but I'm sure they're cheaper now. They perform especially well in foul weather.

holla! Yea I wanted to get the potenza's but they didn't have them in the size I needed. Plus I have the wierd early '94 Rims that were used on the achieva :roll: Recently I've seen quite a few early 94's with those rims.

just go with the goodyear eagle f1'si love mine and they do great in the rain and while your at it get th ez-rated ones too..thats what i got on one of my tgps.

I have those Viva 2s on my car. I got them at Wally world too, but i'm never doing that again. I think it was $220 or so for all four and mounting, maybe less. I haven't really driven with them very much. All I know about them is that they were the most expensive tires Wal Mart had for that car in their computer.

ebay...seriously

oh shud up!!!! :lol:

I would trust the GoodYear tires from anywhere...I have had several sets from all places and not one went bad...unless I caused it to go bad. Brian you and you EBAY promo!!!! :lol:

i try and stay away from goodyears, simply becaused they are very poorly ballanced tires, last i had on my old car took massive amounts of weights to get it to ballance, however if the price is right i'd get em

Well for one thing, I have a passionate hatred for Wal Mart, and also, on the way home the caliper bolts came straight out. I don't know why Wal Mart would've loosened the caliper bolts, but they fell out. Scary thing is, I was doing over 110 mph on part of the drive home, but they fell off when I was going about 15-20 mph. Also, the sales clerks at the one I got the tires out were friggin morons

Next time I get tires, it'll probably be at Discount Tire.

• 1 month later...

I would go with the viva tourings!!! BEST TIRE WE SELL! Almost identical to the Goodyear Regatta 2! I base my opinion on the fact that I install tires at Walmart up here in Winnipeg.

i try and stay away from goodyears, simply becaused they are very poorly ballanced tires, last i had on my old car took massive amounts of weights to get it to ballance, however if the price is right i'd get em

try Cooper's

i had a Cooper tire blow out on a smooth road. no potholes where it blew. WTF?

Guest TurboSedan
I would go with the viva tourings!!! BEST TIRE WE SELL!

:werd: my Viva Touring tires are wearing awesome, still look practically new and i've had them on the front of my car since Feb '03, and LOTS of miles since then. i'm impressed. my only complaint would be that they squeal too easily, but that probably has more to do with steep 1st gear and my alignment (way off but tread wear is still even).