Cheapest way to make suspension quit groaning/start handling

RubyRedCuttySup

Hey dudes

I'm not looking for much more performance other than for my 89 Olds to stop all the awful creaking and groaning that comes from the suspension. I'm lookin for cheap, decent handling (not a racer/rally guy here), and pretty much original setup replacement shocks and stuff. Anyone have any suggestions?

p.s....I've seen the websites for the $500 or whatever amount for rear-coilover kits, etc, but that's way too expensive. For the front, some monroe struts should do. But what's a cheap-ass way to replace the rear leaf? I don't mind another monoleaf, since I'm sure I'll be happy with regular old performance that was standard on the car. However, mine must be worn out b/c it creaks and groan like you wouldn't believe (although everyone with the monoleaf probably knows what i'm talking about.) Any help would be appreciated. :)

thanx

James :?:

check for the rubber end links on your monoleaf they should still be there if they are not that explains the groaning your hearing i suspect. do not get the monroe struts you want a performance increase go with kyb gr2 struts :wink: plus its cheaper for them then you think.