Z34/GTP Hood Louvers

EurosportZ34

Have you ever taken off your baffels for summer driving? Then you know it's such pain to have to open the hood, take off the screws and those special clip-on things just to get the baffels off. Then when you put them back on you it takes just as long. I only put the baffels back on when it rains or when I wash my car. Is there a way you can rig them up so you don't have to screw the baffels on every time? Like putting some sorta velcro on them so you can just "pop" them in place and take off without messing with the screws?

Thanks!

You'd need some fairly strong velcro to hold them in place when going over bumps and such.

I leave mine out all the time regardless, rain or shine, I only put them in when the car is parked/winter time.

What does having them out do? Does it really make a difference?

pretend-a-working heat dissapation. i havent noticed anything. i just have it cuz i thought id try it.

What does having them out do? Does it really make a difference?

It for sure helps reduce under hood temps, I can see the heat pour out of them on hot days especially when a fans running!

Sunshine's drip pans are out. Never even had them to be honest. And it's especially scary for me, because my BOV is right there underneath it. :shock:

I have never removed My Pans I leave them in all the time with the Air filter right there and I see Heat Pour out of mine in the summer the only thing I could say is Im not willing to risk messing up my motor for the 3 degress it may Drop the Under hood temp.

How ever has anyone put some sort of Spacer to get a little more Space between the Pans and Hood to get a little more air to escape?

I have never removed My Pans I leave them in all the time with the Air filter right there and I see Heat Pour out of mine in the summer the only thing I could say is Im not willing to risk messing up my motor for the 3 degress it may Drop the Under hood temp.

How ever has anyone put some sort of Spacer to get a little more Space between the Pans and Hood to get a little more air to escape?

how would you mess up your motor?

I like to have the baffels off as much as possible. If you put your hand over the louvers after driving you can feel heat coming up...it's great. With the baffels off it helps more heat to rise up from the engine, keeping it somewhat cooler then with the baffels on. And it's also unique and cool looking to be able to see parts of your engine with the hood down. :D I could have swore that I saw where somebody did something to their baffels to make them easier to put on/off, but I guess not.

Thanks guys!

Here's what it looks like with the baffels out for all you ppl who don't know. :wink:

364760_32_full.jpg

The TGP motors probably produce the most heat out of the GTP/Z34s. I've had mine off for the past 2 1/2 years with a K&N on the turbo with no problems. I've driven in the rain, went through car washes. washed the car in my drive-way.

The only problem I could see with the 3.4's is that your spark plugs are a lot closer to the hood then the non-ohc motors.