What to expect with tgp?

tgpguy21

Okay so after 3 months of cheapturbo.com having my turbo waiting for a cartridge to come in from japan I went on my own little hunt for one. Found one and it will be with me on tuesday (Thank God). so I will have my turbo back on thursday or friday and have it ready to install by sunday. so with a new crossover, new turbo, and new plugs and wires, what should i expect the car to do after the battery being disconnected for so long? Will it need time to relearn its idle or anything? Im getting pretty close to havin the interior done also so I will post pics of that when I'm done. Thanks for any help!

Guest Anonymous

Anytime the battery is disconnected the idle needs to relearn. I would also change the oil, check all the hoses, and check all the wiring to make sure there were no critters in there eating lunch.

where is this oil line (for the turbo I assume?) that is known for collapsing? I should probably replace that since I already have the turbo out. When I get everything back together im changing oil and filter and checking all the fluids, then Im going to take her out and see if the tranny needs a rebuild. Hopefully not but if it does then im gonna make sure that I get everything done the right way.

Guest Anonymous

The oil return line is the 5/8" hose that attaches to the bottom of the turbo and runs down to the block. I would check all the hoses though and make sure they're all in good shape.

I had an oil leak going on, and decided to look at it while I was changing the oil. I tightened the clamps on that line. While I was down there I was looking at those lines I realized I don't like them. So when sunshine goes back together, I'm gonna make some of my own up. I might need to anyhow if I get a bigger turbo on there. I guess now would be the time to do it huh? So, official declaration. The bigg turbo build has begun!!