took my noisy Addco bar out today

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

i broke an inner hanger :? the bar is just held up WAY too high with the Addco hardware. it hit really bad on the two big bolts that hold the big lateral suspension arms, and also the exhuast pipe (enough to dimple the bar). it was NOISY as hell of course, ecspecially after the bracket snapped and it was just hangin' on the passenger side. ahhh it's nice to drive without the noise. i'm going to use GM inner hangers now and modify them to work as described in the pathetic Addco directions sheet.

joshua

Guest TurboSedan

crap i can't find my directions anywhere. if someone else can scan & post the directions sheet i would appreciate it also. or a website with pictures of the setup would be good too. thanks,

joshua

get new OEM brackets for your swaybar. my stock ones snaped after a week. the replacements are ALLOT stronger.. like 5x thicker. chop off the look and bolt the new hardware up.. I also got Energy suspention poly greaseable bushings on my rear swaybar. both outter and inner.. i had to drill the outter braket bigger for the strut bolts to fit but they work great.. it also quit clunking around. the rubber bushings where all twisted to hell after a week of me driving on them. I also replaced my front swaybar bushings with greaseable ES poly bushings too.

I would recomend.

* new stock inner swaybar brackets

* energy Suspention poly greaseable 7/8" (22mm) swaybar bushings

here is a pic before my ES bushings:

(copy and paste)

http://www.geocities.com/redzmonte/glasspacks.jpg

RedZ

I haven't had any problems using my stock inner hangers and 96 Monte Z34 bushings.

I've had the Addco in for 3-4 years now.

the 1996 hangers are the same ones as the stock ones you buy from the dealer now.. the F41 suspention on the Monte Carlo Z34's consisted of a 22mm swaybar.. they revised the hangers to accomidate for the extra stress put on them by the big swaybar.. so if you use a new stock hanger it should be more then sufficent then the ones that came on your car.. the stock hangers on my car where PUNEY.. they where about the size of 2 paper clips. then new one is like 10x thickier.

Red

I don't know if the hangers on my '89 are puny or not, but they've held up 3-yrs with no signs of problems.

It wouldn't surprise me if '89 has beefier hangers than your '92.

My '89 Cutlass is built SOOOOOOO much better with much better materials and quality than my '94, it's quite shocking actually. They've made a few changes between my 89 and 94 to various parts like brackets, clips, carpet retention, etc., and unfortunately NONE for the better.