Poll: Which motor oil do you use?

sx460

Which motor oil do you use?  

1. 1. Which motor oil do you use?

If the oil you use isn't on the list then just reply with what oil you use. There's a million different ones out there so I'll try my best to list a bunch of them off the top of my head. :) If you want you can reply if you use synthetic or not.

I'm a big AMSoil and Mobil 1 fan. I use whichever I've got on hand. I also dig Wix filters.

Just curious what other W-Body owners use.

I used quaker state for the fact that it's a more mineral based oil than a stock type. Kind of like the Castrol "syntec". Ive just recently switched to Mobil drive clean synthetic blend...

I run Redline in everything. I used to use Mobil 1, and before that I used to use Castrol Syntec. I don't even look at conventional oils anymore. It's true that synthetics are so damn expensive but they're worth it. And don't even mention those garbage additives!

i use schaffer oil(full synthetic), because it is said to be the best and you get a little jar to send in your old oil and they tell you what is in your oil, like brass, aluminum and where it could have come from like the crank, pistons etc etc. I get it for free but if i didn't it'd be like 8-10 bucks a quart. I love it so far, my car doesn't leak oil anymore either. later Jay

Well I have found a topic that I truly love to discuss...

I sold in 1999 my 1988 Corvette that had 250,000 miles on it when sold. I used Mobil 1 in it from the time I got it with 55,000 on it.

Heres the good part: I had 150hp shot of nitrous that I sprayed as often as possible. The car never gave me any problems and the current owner just now rebuilt the engine and said that the cylinder bores had no scoring!

Anyways after having seen myself the results of using synthetic, I always use Mobil 1 in my 1987 IROC, but my Lumina when I got it seemed to never have had the oil changed in 114,000 miles. I bought it at a repo auction for $1250. Anyhow, on my way home i decided to stop at a quickie oil change. When the guys opened the drainplug nothing came out but thick sludge! So they went on to use compressed air thru the dipstick tube to blow out the sludge. We ran ATF thru it 2 X then put the cheap oil change special 5W30 in it. I have driven it 15,000 miles since using cheap oil and it is still running strong and I would trust it to go to Florida and back.

Sorry so long, but oil is just a good subject for me :)

I use Castrol in everything I own that has an engine. 10w-30 for the vehicles and tractor, 30w in the lawn mower, generator, etc. I've seen disassembled engines that have only been lubed with Castrol and they look brand new. Sold me!

Mobil 1 synthetic for me, sure its expensive, but when you have 2 uncles who own Mobil stations and a friend who owns a mechanic shop you get discounts and nice lines of credit. Sux tho, this past tranny fluid change I couldnt get Mobil 1 ATF since they were all out!, so i am using some Exxon ATF fluid, shifts smoother than it did before, at 28,000 miles that pan was a bit dirty on my car.

I have a 94 Jeep Wrangler that loved Mobil 1 Synth and ATF. Has 115,000 miles on it, and thing is like a bear, so much power and engine runs damn good for a 8 year old vehicle. Just goes to show, if you take care of something, it'll last a long time.

Pennzoil. I am going to be using Mobile 1 with the new motor, but I do have to say that Pennzoil is VERY good. That is all I used in my 2.8 (except for the 2 oil changes that got Castrol Syntec) and the motor currently has 312,000 on it.

Taylor