TGP gauges

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know if the part of the gauge cluster that lights up "intercooled turbo" is removable in any possible way?

All input greatly appreciated...

-R

Yeah its removeable. You could easily cut it out of the gauge cluster and then put it on yours or something if thats what you're talking about, but I don't know why you would wanna do it, and it seems like it would be a waste of money. And it does not light up with the dash lights...however if you take the cluster out and take some sandpaper and sand down behind where it says intercooled turbo, it will allow it to light up...I did it to my STE and its awesome.

You might be able to just put the whole cluster in your car if you want...not sure though.

Shawn

Guest Anonymous

Im starting a project on converting my 95 GT to a TGP, so to speak...

anyway, I have a vacant cubby to the right of the wheel with nothing in it at all, and nothing goes there, so I am making custom lights for it so my entire dash is lit up (95 DIC is to the right, modded 89 DIC in the console) at night... I want to have "GRAND PRIX" in red on the top of this thing and then "intercooled trubo" below it in amber. I like the 95 Cluster and would like to keep it...

The entire idea is some sort of custom GP that pulls the best of GP's over the years into one car, a very long project.

Well, I think I would custom make a piece with the same font or something to do that, because a cluster is gonna run you $30+, which is actually a good deal for a whole cluster, but not for just a intercooled turbo badge. Although, if you do want a whole cluster I have one lying around that I could make you a deal on.

Shawn

Guest Anonymous

I have one cluster lined up but i dont know if the guy is going to want to take it apart and what he is asking for it :?

I am considering a completly custom piece. I know someone who makes them, the only problem would be that I dont know how I could get it all to light up, turbo is yellow, grand prix in red. I'd have to go to the auto parts store ans see what I can dig up.

Either way, I am interested and will let you know what develops...

thanks