Another TSTE with 5 spokes??? It won't be long!!!

dbtk2

After wanting to steal no1kicker's white STE forever because of how badass it looks with the white 5 spokes, I went out and bought 4 silver 5 spokes today. The total came to $220...not a bad price IMO...but I had to drive 100 miles one way to get them. They aren't in perfect shape...but they aren't bad either, and for $220 they are pretty nice IMO. Right now they are in my trunk. Gonna get some tires for them in the next few weeks and put them on. I'm just not sure if I wanna keep them silver or if I should paint them the same maroon as the car. I think I wanna paint them maroon so they don't look so stock...but I'm not sure. I probably will paint them since a couple of them are scratched a decent amount.

Opinions...should I paint them or leave them silver???

Shawn

i'm thinkin maroon body colored 5-spoke wheels would be killer. maybe someone can do a photoshop?

If someone gave me a pic of some 5 spoke wheels I would do the photoshop myself...I just don't have any pics of 5 spokes. If someone could do that, I could experiment and see how I like it.

I have been thinking and I definately think the Maroon would look awesome, but would it look better than silver...I don't know. I think I'm just gonna paint them before I decide I don't wanna.

Shawn

Congrats! I think silver would look cool. If you want to use some of my pics to photoshop, go ahead. There was another member on here who had custom wheels on his maroon STE, maybe look at his and see how the color scheme seems to you.

Well, whatever I do to the wheels, I really need to do it soon. I just rotated the tires that are on the car right now, and wow, they rub on everything, everywhere. The rear tires both rub on the trailing arms (passenger side more so than drivers side). The drivers front tire rubs on the inside of the wheelwell, I guess only when it is turned left...and it rubs on the front of the wheelwell when it is turned right, or maybe all the time...I took the 200+ mile trip today to get the wheels...yesterday when I changed my drivers front brake caliper the front of the wheelwell was just barely worn down where the tire rubs...today it had a hole all the way through it...so either I made a lot of right turns, or it rubs all the time. The passenger front tire just barely rubs on the inside of the wheelwell when the wheel is turned left. The tires are only 1cm wider than stock....I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT!!! I had no rubbing problems (as far as I know) with the stock tires, but I go 1cm wider and they rub on everything. I'm really confused. I just hope I don't have the same problems with the new wheels, I shouldn't but you never know. Do your tires clear everything by more than 1cm? I really don't wanna have to go back to the stock size tires...although it would probably be cheaper.

Shawn

Guest TurboSedan

what size tires are you using? i have 225/60-16s on wider wheels (TGP 16x8 crosslace) and they don't rub at all even with the car lowered 1.5"....

what size tires are you using? i have 225/60-16s on wider wheels (TGP 16x8 crosslace) and they don't rub at all even with the car lowered 1.5"....

They're 225/60/16's...it shouldn't be a problem, the stock ones are 215/60/16's. I think the offset on these wheels (which are 6.5" BTW) is just shitty. We have 245/50/16's on the 16X8 TGP crosslaces on the TGP and they clear everything just fine...this is why i'm confused...they shouldn't rub.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fatguy

I had some double bar 5 spokes on my maroon TSTE. I REALLY loved the way they looked. I hit an embankment and bent one so I put the factory ones on. I was running 245's all the way around and yes they would rub the mudflaps at the rear of the front wheelwell when I would turn a particular point about halfway through the turn travel.

If you want to see them, check out http://groups.msn.com/turboste.