car goes limp under load.....no lie

Nick1234

ok so ever since i towed a 8 foot trailer home a couple weeks ago, i have had some issues with the motor. First off, the car pulled the trailer fine, except the fact i was driving into a 40 mph wind, and i was going like 70, which equates to like a 300 mph wind. Anyway, now, and not all the time, if for say the car is in 2nd gear, at about 20mph, and you put the gas down like 3/4 way down, it like "gurggles" and makes a little spitting noise out the back. Now its not loud, and it isnt like a hard core backfire. It gurggles like 3 times and then picks up speed. Now i have a few ideas, but im going to get your input first. don't want to go putting ideas into you head. ill get back once i get some input.

Thanks guys

Also left my friends house, put it in 1st, 3/4 way down, did the same thing

isnt our cars suppose to have a ZERO tow compasity.

i hope your tranny is alright

the boggin sound could aslo mean clogged cat if a good tuneup has been performed.

Dunno if this could be an issue, but check your coilpacks. I just replaced mine because my engine was missing, and it's like I put a new engine (and alternator) in the car. Just a thought.

gp1138, i was thinking the same thing. see i think maybe robby told me that either they are good or they aren't, im going to replace them anyway. I am also doing a whole new exhaust, and i have had the thought the cat is bad, then while im at it i am going to do plugs and wires cause it is time, and then some fuel system cleaner. My first thought was the coilpacks, then the clogged cat.

nick