92+ lights on 88 CS

NORBI

I am wondering how hard is it to change rear lights on 88 CS to a 92+ syle and front ones. I know i would have to change bumper, hood, and lights and do i have to change reinforcement also? And on back what would i have to change except for bumper because i am thinking about changing my 88 CS to make it look like a 92+ because i like those newer style lights more then older ones. 8)

the back ones are easy. Just take out the old ones, and put the new ones in. All of the holes are the same, but the screws that you need to hold it on are SMALLER than the ones that the 1988 use. You can get those new from the dealership for fairly cheap. I put the newer etyle taillights on my 1988 Cutlass, but I did not put the reverse bar because to use that, you have to relocate the liscense plate. I can't help with the front ones because I have not done that. I was going to at one time, but that is no longer on my important list. The new motor is getting all of my love and attention right now (not to mention my money).

If you want to use the newer taillights with the original reverse lights, you will need to CUT the original taillights off of the reverse lights. The 1988-1991 lights were one piece. The newer ones are 2. Go here so that you can see pics with my car with the new taillights, and original reverselights (the reverse lights were painted with BLACK all the way around, but I still need to replace them.

http://www.geocities.com/riven5415/exterior.html

I have the regular 1992+ taillights even though I have a lip spoiler from the 1992+ DOHC cars.

Taylor

I really like what you did with your car. My used to be a base CS too without any options and now i got everything from International Model including seats, DIC, HUD, today i got door panels from International CS that was on a junk yard, and soon i want to do exterior and make it look like a 92+ but that will take time because i want to upgrade my 02 Stang too so i got 2 cars that need upgrades, but even though that i have a Ford i am still a GM person after all i had 3 W-bodys.

Watch out with the door panels. Get the drivers door from a coupe only. I got mine from a convertible, and the switch panel area on the drivers door is differant (the passenger door is the same as all the rest of them). Because the conv has the 4 winds, the drivers door uses a bigger switch panel, so it does not want to hold down. It is loose, and if I hit it just right when I puse the buttons, then it pops out.

Thank you for the compliment. I have done the most work to the car this past yesr. At the end of december last year, al that I had done to my car was put in the power locks, mirrors, trunk release, Keyless entry, Guages cluster, fog lights, and the floor shifter. Everything that you see now (which my site nees updating) was done this year.

I was planning on putting on the 92+ style GFX, but I found an aftermarket set that I like, so I will get them AFTER I finish building the new motor. My current motor (2.8L MPFI with Auto) is tired (311,000 miles) so I am building a 3100 to replace it with (I am also replacing the tranny seeing that it also has 311,000 miles on it, and has never been rebuilt). I am still uncertain if I want to put the GFX on my car, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it. I have thought about the Internation ones, the 1992+ ones, and the Aeroform ones, and I have decided that even thought I like the 92+ ones, I do not want to change out my hood, so I will probably go with the aeroform ones.

Taylor