Tranmission troubles, day two of the aftermath. HELP!!!

phantomshado

Ok, as some of you may have read, my transmission blew up. The likely hood of me finding a w car with a 282 is slim, not to mention the fact that I have a 94 which is the bitch year...so, my options are another 4t60e which nearly outnumber people around here, or my bike.

Would a 4t65e HD work??? What years of the 282 would work, and would the computer from that year work with my non obd 1? Thanks.

i know of a few berettas around here in yards that have 282s, look at newer cavs and bonfires, from what i hear their manual trannys are good. if you want to take a road trip to PA you could probably get one prety cheep

If your going to go through the trouble of wiring a 4T65e to work with your car you may as well go with a manual. As previously mentioned, Getrag 282, 284, and 287 (cavlaier and sunfire trans) models will work.

If you've got a 3.1 you probably won't even have to worry much about upgrading the 287 as its rated for 180 ft. lbs. of torque. Plus if you do a search on http://www.UNeedAPart.com you can get a 287 super cheap. I got price quotes rangine from $250-375 for a complete unit including shifter assembly and clutch pedal. And those prices were shipped and out the door. A custom flywheel and some creative wiring may be needed though and thats where this theory falls apart for now, at least on my end.