Traded in Euro for a 97 Cutty Coupe

luminator94

And I'm glad I did! The Cutty is 10x more fun to drive, even for it being the 3100. But I do miss my Loomy even though its been 1 day, LOL. But the Cutty has 84k and is in excellent shape, its a dark metallic green, nice color. The only thing I wish it had was the stock 5 spoke Olds rims. If anyone has a set that they want to sell for cheap, let me know! I'll have a pic of the Cutty on my sig line once we have a nice day so I can wash her up.

Aaron

sweet, good luck with it. Is she loaded or wha?

Has pretty much everything except the power seats. I was even pretty impressed by the stock CD player, but that's gonna go soon, I want something that will play MP3's. But other then that, its loaded. I just wish they still dropped the 3.4's in em' during 97. Oh well, the 3100 gets right up to 100mph in no time at all :twisted:

Aaron

Yeah, maybe I'm having TO much fun driving the car. I've had it a whole 2 days now, and tonight my g/f was with me, and I got pulled over for speeding. 70 in a 55. I haven't put my radar detector in the Cutty yet, I wish I would have. We were on the expressway and he was going the opposite way, turned around and came after me. I know what the front of a Vikki looks like and I seen them coming fast and I knew, I think I had my turn signal on even before he turned his lights on, LOL. But I don't know what my fine is yet, I have to mail in my ticket pleing guilty, then they'll send me the amount. I live in PA, but NY is only 10 mins from my house, and I got busted in NY, I hate the way they do their tickets, at least in PA you know what your fine is and don't have to mail shit in. Oh well, guess I'll have to slow down.

Aaron

Just if you get the chance, send me a quick pic and consider it sold...

Aight. I might get a chance to do that tomorrow, I probly won't sell it til after xmas though til I get a different one in.

Aaron

Hey, did you want those rims? Cuz I'm willing to sell mine.

Well, right now the $$ situation is up in the air. Read on, and you'll see what I mean.

Aaron

Ok everyone here goes:

I'm losing coolant somewhere, somehow. I can't see no visible leaks anywhere, and the oil is free of any foam. I know that it could still be a head gasket, but the temp is running in the normal and the car runs great. Just one time tonight the temp did shot right up, I lost heat for about 5 seconds and then everything went back to normal. Now before I got home tonight I was on a backroad and I pulled over to take a piss, so I popped my hood as I was getting out. I put my hand on the very top part of the engine, manifold? Right where it says "3100 SFI V6" , and I was dead cold, with the engine running. I put my hand on the radiator cap, that was dead cold also. With the car running at normal temp, I took the radiator cap off, no pressure whatsoever! Didn't even look like anything was circulating. So tomorrow I think I'm gonna flush the whole system real good and put a new thermostat on just for the hell of it. But I want some input on what you guys think, waterpump maybe? I have no idea. Thanks.

Aaron