DIS fuse under hood...

DaveFromColorado

Hey, anyone know why this fuse would blow out?

I went to change the coils/ign module on my old buick today for the guy who bought it (88 buick regal 2.8/4T60 combo) and that didn't work, so we replaced the crank pos. sensor, still nothing, and I decided to check fuses, and it was the DIS fuse that was blown, anyone know what would cause this?

I am fairly sure the coils were going bad, because the car has WAY more power now then it ever had when I owned it, but still, that damn fuse is just bugging me. I didn't charge the guy for my labor today because it did end up bein' the fuse, but I was going on what some other shop told him when I replaced it, and I had the extra parts in my garage.

--Dave.

Were the module or coil packs shorting out at all? Maybe something in the module was pulling too much current (could be from too much heat, maybe?) I know that the bottom of that module gets so hot you could fry an egg on it. Maybe there wasn't enough grease on the bottom of it, so it got too hot and started pulling excessive current. Maybe having a new module in there cured the problem of the fuse blowing. I dunno, just throwing out some ideas...