intake questions...

Jeorge

I was looking on ebay and I noticed this

i-1.JPG

its from a camaro....the intake plenum looks like it goes to the same spots as on a standard 3.1L intake....I was wondering if you or me could get any better flow with an intake like this vers the standard 3.1 or if it would even mount up to our lower intake....

anyone know the stock HP on a 3.1 camaro vers the 3.1 W body of the same year??

all i remember is that my friend had a 1990 camaro with that exact engine and i'd always race him with my gp 3.1 and i'd alays beat him off the line, all the way up to 3rd gear then he'd eventually and slowly catch up and pull away...this would happen at maybe around 60-65mph. ill go try to find exact figures now

here is a cutlass supreme too

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2085.htm

kind of interesting....

cutlass 135-160hp 180-185tq

92 camaro 140 180tq

what did a 92 cutlass have as a 3.1L??

140?? or so??

well i dunno where they got 135 from but if it was the 3.1 it should have 140. they r getting 160 from the 3100 most likeley but i dunno anything about cutlasses i dunno if they ever came with 3100s. that intake looks like it would fit if the bolt patterns are the same. the thing is, on that engine the right side looks like it would face frontwards and the left would face twards the firewall. that leaves the opening pointing twards the left side of the engine, and our TB is on the right.

The intake will not fit. It is longer, and narrower than the 3.1 The runners go farher, and there is less width to it. In order to use that intake, you would have to swap out the lower intake, and the heads as well, and even then, I can't guarentee that it will work seeing that most people are more interested in putting the NEWER intake on the older engine, not the OLDER intake on the newer engine.

It will DEFINANTLY not fit just trying to do a plenum swap.

Taylor