I NEED HELP!!

92blackz34

i have a 92 lumina z34 and today i drove like 60 miles and did what i had to then i came back out and started my car and it was idling really rough and the left muffler was bouncing really loud and my car was idliong bad almost dying and i drove it about 10 feet and it died out and it would start and shake alot and die in a couple seconds and did this for awhile and now it will just turn over and turn over and not even really fire. any ideas?????? thanks

Make sure you use an adjustable gap spark tester with a clip when you check for spark. Disconnecting the spark plug wire and putting it close to the engine and hoping to find a spark sometimes does really give you enough distance to make the high energy jump in a sign of spark because of rubber boot insulation.

Using the adjustable gap spark tester allows you to set the proper distance specific for your vehicle and clip it to the engine block and so you can see it while cranking the engine in the driver seat.

Check the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKPS) wire to make sure it is not rubbing on the engine block or shorting out.

Check each spark plug wires and make sure they are properly seated in the ignition coil and on the spark plug as well. Make sure the spark plug wires are not rubbing on the engine block and touching each other (cross-firing). Don't test just one spark plug wire for spark but test the other wires.

You need to verify that you are getting the 12 volt source to the ignition module itself when the ignition switch is set in RUN position.