Problems on the rise

skiiirt

I must have been jinxd from the start. First ,my engine dies, then the price of a new one increases like 40% from original quote. Now my mechanic can't take out the engine because its removed from the bottom. I regret ever using a family friend as a mechanic. So basically Im sitting here SOL because I have no way to lift my car above my engine. and not to mention like $3000 in the hole.

1. Your engine comes out going UP not down.

2. That engine is only roughly $150 at most local yards.

Where does $3000 come from? You're not honestly going to buy a crate engine are you?

1. Your engine comes out going UP not down.

2. That engine is only roughly $150 at most local yards.

:lol2:

Where does $3000 come from? You're not honestly going to buy a crate engine are you?

:nono:

Rebuilding the engine.

Sure it costs $300 at a junk yard but then why would i want to put an engine that could potentially only last me another 5000km

I am getting it rebuilt so I can have under warantee.

I'll ask buddy why he thinks it has to come down not up and out like most.

from what i understand, it is quite a feat to get the 3.4 out from the top. and define "died" what exactly went wrong with it unless it threw a rod or is knocking it may be saveable for alot less then a new engine.

The motor will come out the top....If he wants to make it a longer job he can take the frame out and drop the motor trans and all...but why go through all that unless you are changing everything!!!

I talked to a guy at the yard who had to swap a 3.4. Yes, it's slightly more difficult to pull from the top just as any engine is, but it's by no means impossible. Pulling from the bottom involves much more work, and the engine can't be put in that way.

never mind my comment on what is wrong i forgot about your last thread where you said it siezed.

but i second a junkyard engine.

Unfortunately the engine started to knock. I havent even been in to the shop to look at the engine.

Why would i waste time pulling it out if I have to be under the car to put the new engine in anyways?

I guess no matter what I need to find some sort of hydraulic lift. Nobody in town has any for rent so Im trying to find someone private.

my 90 gets the 3.4 pulled in and out of it from the top on a monthly basis (dont ask). just got to be careful for the master cylinder.

im also wondering why this "mechanic" of yours can cant pull the engine from the bottom, 4 15mm bolts ont the subframe, The VSS sensor plug, firewall plug for the harness, tie rods, disconeect all the hoses and out the fucker comes.

-Jeff

The only real problem we have now is the fact that we cannot find a hydraulic lift to lift the car up. Everyone and their dog has a engine lift

If ya drop the engine out using the subframe, you just need a few friends 2 lift the body up while a couple of ya pull the engine/tranny out.

btw, i forgot, the shocks have to be disconnected.

-Jeff