Alternator Blues

DOHCRagtopguy

Wife's 92 Euro Sedan died today, had to be towed. Looks like the stinking alternator. After the liquid sunshine stops I'll charge the battery and fire it up and check for sure. It was whining weird over the weekend. Anyways, she has the LQ-1 motor, is this the correct part number?

3211067 Parts America says it's a 105 Amp unit, costs $121.94.

Thanks, my fellow W-body sufferers, uh, owners.

Hi Pennsylvania is a nice place and one of the cleanest places I have ever been.

Find an alternator & starter repair shop with a good reputation and have your alt. Rebuilt.

The shop can put in a heavy duty diode bridge and name brand bearings that will last.

There is a world of difference between stock Delco bridges and after market heavy duty ones. A good shop will show you the parts they are going to use if not try another shop.

Should cost around $60 to $80.

PS: I went through 3 Delco alternators on my 96 Regal before having this done.

ron350, that's a good idea. There's a shop about 10 miles away that rebuilds alternators, I think I'll call them up. I certainly DO NOT want to do this shitty job twice.

Thanks for the advice and input, everybody.

i must be asking for trouble then i used a Used, Reman alt on my 3.4. granted it was only 7 months old when it went in and it came out of mt ciera. (same exact part). no trouble yet.

Hi Pennsylvania is a nice place and one of the cleanest places I have ever been.

Find an alternator & starter repair shop with a good reputation and have your alt. Rebuilt.

The shop can put in a heavy duty diode bridge and name brand bearings that will last.

There is a world of difference between stock Delco bridges and after market heavy duty ones. A good shop will show you the parts they are going to use if not try another shop.

i'm going to have to do this to my 3.1 i have to put in my cutlass it just keeps blowing alternators like crazy :?

i'm going to have to do this to my 3.1 i have to put in my cutlass it just keeps blowing alternators like crazy :?

they all do