Lets see under your hoods!

tylerz34

TimG that car i must say is fuckin sweet. Do you know how many horses you are pushing and your quarter (sorry i forgot to check your site before i posted this)? That is one hell of a sleeper!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 93CutlassSupreme

• THe_DeTAiL3R

• timg

• rudefyet

For you guys with sound systems... where did you mount your fuse? I came up with this idea that worked out pretty well.

Dave,

Mine just loose in the engine bay not attacted to anything in both of my cars. But when it was attached to something I had it zip tied to the bottom of the crossbrace. Worked good except I found I was unhooking the fuse alot so it was annoying. If you want it attached to something, my suggestion is zip tie it to the crossbrace

TimG that car i must say is fuckin sweet. Do you know how many horses you are pushing and your quarter (sorry i forgot to check your site before i posted this)? That is one hell of a sleeper!

I have no clue to either. It weighs over 3500 lbs and I've besten Z28's(LT1's), 4.6 Mustang GT's, and LT4 Corvettes. I'm not sure where that puts me for quarter mile and horsepower. I'd guess 275-300 hp at the wheels at 7 psi probably isn't too far off. I'm hoping to dyno and run the quarter this summer. And yes, it is definitely a sleeper! :)

Tim

For you guys with sound systems... where did you mount your fuse? I came up with this idea that worked out pretty well.

Dave,

Mine just loose in the engine bay not attacted to anything in both of my cars. But when it was attached to something I had it zip tied to the bottom of the crossbrace. Worked good except I found I was unhooking the fuse alot so it was annoying. If you want it attached to something, my suggestion is zip tie it to the crossbrace

Hmm.. well I like having it attached to that piece of plywood. It doesn't look pretty but it was easy to install the wire and take out the fuse when I hooked up my second amp. :wink:

Dave,

Hmm.. well I like having it attached to that piece of plywood. It doesn't look pretty but it was easy to install the wire and take out the fuse when I hooked up my second amp. :wink:

This is true. I was just suggesting somewhere since you had asked 8)

I have no clue to either. It weighs over 3500 lbs and I've besten Z28's(LT1's), 4.6 Mustang GT's, and LT4 Corvettes. I'm not sure where that puts me for quarter mile and horsepower. I'd guess 275-300 hp at the wheels at 7 psi probably isn't too far off. I'm hoping to dyno and run the quarter this summer. And yes, it is definitely a sleeper! :)

Tim

You don't still have the same tranny in that thing do you? Last thing I heard was that your original one was slipping :P

You don't still have the same tranny in that thing do you? Last thing I heard was that your original one was slipping :P

Thats what i heard too.

:) It is an original tranny... sort of.

The original one grenaded at about 130k miles. I destroyed the input shaft on a 1-2 shift. The clutches and bands inside were also destroyed.

It's rebuilt now with all of the upgraded parts that Raybestos offers. It also has a shift kit and a torque converter from a Quad4 4T60 with a 2800 rpm stall speed.

Right now the next big things will be installing the underdrive pulley and upgrading the intercooler piping including putting the MAF after the BOV(with a BOV and the MAF before the turbo drivability is horrible when you let off the gas).

It's nice to be able to go WOT at the line and keep on it until after you're well above the speed limit! Before, I almost always had to let off the gas to get it to do a 1-2 shift.

Tim

Guest TurboSedan

:) It is an original tranny... sort of.

The original one grenaded at about 130k miles. I destroyed the input shaft on a 1-2 shift. The clutches and bands inside were also destroyed.

It's rebuilt now with all of the upgraded parts that Raybestos offers. It also has a shift kit and a torque converter from a Quad4 4T60 with a 2800 rpm stall speed.

Right now the next big things will be installing the underdrive pulley and upgrading the intercooler piping including putting the MAF after the BOV(with a BOV and the MAF before the turbo drivability is horrible when you let off the gas).

It's nice to be able to go WOT at the line and keep on it until after you're well above the speed limit! Before, I almost always had to let off the gas to get it to do a 1-2 shift.

Tim

your Monte is still the fastest car i have ever ridden in :) lookin nice :)

pretty much anything can

I don't know how you arive at such conclusions, they aren't slow, unless it's been heavily beat on.

Agreed. The 4.6 I raced put a few car lengths on the Z28(LT1) off the line and then continued to pull. I was VERY impressed by it. On the other hand, stock 5.0's do NOT impress me whatsoever.

Tim

Well whichever engine, either 5.0 or 4.6.. they are gonna take down most w-bodies with ease unless its got an L67 or a modded 3.4. 3.1/3x00 engines would need a HELL of alot of modding to beat a Mustang GT.

pretty much anything can

I don't know how you arive at such conclusions, they aren't slow, unless it's been heavily beat on.

Agreed. The 4.6 I raced put a few car lengths on the Z28(LT1) off the line and then continued to pull. I was VERY impressed by it. On the other hand, stock 5.0's do NOT impress me whatsoever.

Tim

what the fuck are you smoking you're telling me a 4.6 pulls stronger than a LT1, i've been in a Honda Accord V-6 that stayed right on the ass of a 4.6 Mustang up to 110 before we backed off, my boss in a 97 Vette with the traction control on had no trouble with a few kids in a cobra

look up 0-60, and quarter mile times for comparable year Mustang, and Camaro or Firebird. the camaro/firebird is ALWAYS FASTER, read back issues of Car and Driver

5.0, or as i learned, 302s, arn't impressive. my dad's '69 notchback mustang, 302 automatic, isn't really all that quick at all, it'll just chirp the tires off the line and thats it, and these are cheap ass $25 tires

what the fuck are you smoking you're telling me a 4.6 pulls stronger than a LT1, i've been in a Honda Accord V-6 that stayed right on the ass of a 4.6 Mustang up to 110 before we backed off, my boss in a 97 Vette with the traction control on had no trouble with a few kids in a cobra

look up 0-60, and quarter mile times for comparable year Mustang, and Camaro or Firebird. the camaro/firebird is ALWAYS FASTER, read back issues of Car and Driver

It was a year old(at the time) 2002 GT racing a mid 90's LT1 Camaro. I definitely remember every year of the Camaro/Firebird being faster than the Mustang of the same year(I subscribe to CD, RT, SCC, Turbo, MT, and Automobile and have about 6 years of back issues for every one). I'm not a Ford guy at all, but in this case I watched a 4.6 destroy a LT1 as I was racing both of them! IMO, that's pretty impressive- though the LT1 never really impressed me that much anyway.

Tim

5.0, or as i learned, 302s, arn't impressive. my dad's '69 notchback mustang, 302 automatic, isn't really all that quick at all, it'll just chirp the tires off the line and thats it, and these are cheap ass $25 tires

I'm sure his '69 is a cool car, but thats back in the days of carbs :P . Wouldn't be surprised if it was a 2bbl. Hell, I drove a '71 with a 351 4bbl and it wasn't tuned properly (running rich) and it couldn't spin the tires much.

I test drove a '89 fuel Injected 5.0 GT Mustang 5 speed and although I'm not great at driving stick (especially with crappy Ford gearboxes) that thing had some power under the hood. Not saying it can beat a LT1 or something, but it would smoke a stock n/a w-body no problem.

pretty much anything can

I think they are slow. i beat them down ALL the time.

copy and paste links.

1992 Lumina Z34 (modded 1999 L67)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/pd9136c17ed697340fd9665a8eb7647be/f8e5a1e9.jpg.orig.jpg

1995 Monte Carlo Z34

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p833a450b5eda8b71921b86272446b217/f8e5a1e3.jpg.orig.jpg

1990 Pontiac/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid113/p8f29325d80c6b56f921a53684e3904f3/f8e5a1e5.jpg.orig.jpg

RedZ