Possibly a misfire not sure

Bruticus

Ok heres my problem with my 3.1 95 Lumina it started yesterday while i am in Drive or in park for that matter she does some weird shake while running. It does it more when i am at a stop at a light but not so much when in idle. Also the lights flicker as if they dimmed as it does this shaking anyone have any idea what this is could it possibly be a misfire ? :evil:

Check your wires/plugs. Maybe coils are bad :?:

I'd run some fuel injector cleaner in the tank and see if that helps out any, maybe injectors are dirty :?:

Clean the throttlebody and IAC, that helped my car greatly.

Lights dimming and shaking at idle could mean that you're not getting quite enough electrical power at idle w/ a few things on in the car. Anyways, check and clean all grounds in the engine bay and clean your battery terminals if they're dirty. Baking soda works good for cleaning battery terminals, afterwards coat them w/ petroleum jelly or the spray they sell for cleaning the terminals(it will stick to it and keep them from getting so dirty). After this, see if that helped your problem. If not, you might have a weak battery and/or alternator, alternators like to die on most of our W's. :wink:

Common spot to where loose electrical connection occurs is in the positive remote terminal. Follow the battery positive cable going to the fuel pressure relay/fuse area. The positive remote terminal is held down but a nut and if that gets loose you will experience eletrical problem. Make sure it is not corroded and make sure the nut is tight.