Now some backfiring through intake/exhaust

GrandPrix34

When i hold the acceleration to 3k in idle (ffp chip/removed limiter) i start hearing and feeling backfiring through the exhaust...then when i let the gas pedal go, I'll here backfiring (or knocking) in the engine compartment...

-spark plugs are new

-wires are new

-ICM was replaced awhile back

-ECM was also replaced wit a 94 Lummy one

Is this a case of a coil or crank sensor going bad or is it a serious "need to rebuild" engine case? Ill take vid/sound if anyone will host it...

by the way, i just ordered an ALDL cable and downloaded the Freescan software to use with my notebook computer.....what parameters should i look for that are out of wack?

.. I was getting the same thing, then I realized I was a moron and ended up puttin' two plug wires in the wrong places, I checked it a few times before I figured out I was a moron.

--Dave.

.. I was getting the same thing, then I realized I was a moron and ended up puttin' two plug wires in the wrong places, I checked it a few times before I figured out I was a moron.

--Dave.

i love doing stupid shit like that at times too!

When i hold the acceleration to 3k in idle (ffp chip/removed limiter) i start hearing and feeling backfiring through the exhaust...then when i let the gas pedal go, I'll here backfiring (or knocking) in the engine compartment...

-spark plugs are new

-wires are new

-ICM was replaced awhile back

-ECM was also replaced wit a 94 Lummy one

Is this a case of a coil or crank sensor going bad or is it a serious "need to rebuild" engine case? Ill take vid/sound if anyone will host it...

by the way, i just ordered an ALDL cable and downloaded the Freescan software to use with my notebook computer.....what parameters should i look for that are out of wack?

Does it back fire when you get on it in gear?