Transmission Mount

scorpion_x9

Has anyone here replaced a transmission mount? I need to replace mine. The transmission shop told me that a mount was bad, and I believe it's the transmission mount, because when i'm in reverse, doesn't matter which way the wheels are turned, I heard a klunk. That mount looks old and cracked anyways. So I was just wondering how hard or easy it is to replace, from somone's experience. I looked in the haynes manual and it looks relatively easy, but that book makes everything look easy anyways. :)

Also, what motor mount should I use, other then the GM one becuase it costs about $90, and I don't any means to order it(i don't like credit cards) from GMPartsDirect and don't have time to wait for it to come in the mail. So anyways, what mount would suffice for a good stock replacement? I know my former friend used some torque strut mounts from AZ and they were too soft and had to get GM ones. GM has like a 300% mark-up on their parts or something unreasonable like that. :lol:

You just unbolt the mount, jack up that side of the tranny, take the old one out put the new one in, bolt it up and you're done. I got mine from O'reilly's.