strange oil leak can't find where it is

cutlsp

okay guys my cutlass has just now started losing about 1/2 a quart of oil each time its driven. time and distance don't matter :? . my question is has anyone else had this problem if so could you tell me what the hell it is?

my car is a 1988 oldsmobile cutlass supreme with a 2.8 v6 that has 198454.4 miles on it

i changed the oil on the 10th this month and the k&n oil filter fell off even though i made sure it was installed properly :? oh well i guess its time to rebuild the motor :evil:

It could be your PCV that is letting too much oil out of the rear valve cover.

When was the last time you replaced your PCV?

Replacing that PCV is really PITA because that S-shaped hose is not very flexible and would break up easily.

I've replaced the PCV and since the hose broke, I replace the hose with a fuel hose about 5" and much better and flexible. You have to remove the plenum though to get to the hose.

Replacing that PCV is really PITA because that S-shaped hose is not very flexible and would break up easily.

does anyone have the part number for that s shaped hose?

i changed the oil on the 10th this month and the k&n oil filter fell off even though i made sure it was installed properly :? oh well i guess its time to rebuild the motor :evil:

you might be ok if all you were loosing was a quart or so and you kept refilling it. There may be a problem with oil pressure but Im not sure if it would be bad enough to ruin the engine. Put in fresh oil and a new filter and see how it does for a couple oil changes. Be sure to check the oil carefully for impurties; espically metal shavings.