help with 3.4 dohc vac lines

boostnawd

Wondering if anyone can tell me what the two hard plastic lines that start just on the side of the t-body then run behind the engine between the firewall and plenum to the passenger side are. One goes towards the front of the engine, the other dissappears into the abyss.

I ask because I snapped one of them (the lower one on the tbody). I just capped the connection at the tbody to stop the leak.. are these just for emissions devices??

There are some larger ones that go to the valve covers to pull off the gases. There are is a smaller one that goes to the MAP. From the MAP one goes to the FPR and one to the auto tranny. There is also one that goes to the cruise from the Throttle body area and one that goes to the gastank.

Sounds like your talking about the lines that run from the two valve covers to the rubber intake tube. Those are just emissions equipment, and you can remove them w/o any problems. My friend has a 92' Z34 we took those off of after breaking the T-valve when doing a lower intake gasket a while back. As long as you cap them good you'll be fine.

thanks guys. I'll try to get a pic of exactly what I'm talking about. It's not the rubber lines that converge behind the plenum and run to the rubber intake tube via the plastic tube (for the valve covers). rather, just a little further up on the plenum/tbody itself there are two lines, the ports are pretty much vertical to each other so the bottom one is tough to see at first. these start out rubber, but turn into plastic lines that also go behind the plenum around to the passenger side.

the vac diagram under the hood is completely worn off, otherwise i'd just use it for reference. does anyone have this diagram scanned or something?

never mind, just went out to get coffee and ran into a guy with a z34. his vac diagram was still intact and it looks like I broke the line for the charcoal cannister. Just an emissions device.. so I think I'll leave it as is unless someone can tell me why I should fix it.