Out of mod idea's, help!

Major_Tom

Ok, I need some cheap ideas for mods to do.

I have a 96 GP with the 3100

I have a UD pulley on the way to me.

I have a custom exhaust, and K&N intake.

I have Quad buckets on the interior

Any suggestions?

the 96 year sucked for mods, first year of the OBD2 and I dont think theres a chap for it, in 97 they put the roller rockers into the 3100. you already are letting the engine breath, might wanna go with a 50 shot or using some sort of boost.

-Jeff

juice is the cheapest power added dollar for dollar. ya cars get cold air, breathing thru exhaust 2.25 manderl bent or bigger and have a high flow cat, theres not much else you can do to the 96 3100. yank the plunum off with the throttle body and port/polish it.

Have you done basic maintinace to it, oil change, spark plugs, wires, top end cleaner?

-Jeff

the 96 year sucked for mods, first year of the OBD2 and I dont think theres a chap for it, in 97 they put the roller rockers into the 3100. you already are letting the engine breath, might wanna go with a 50 shot or using some sort of boost.

-Jeff

There was a thread at 60* board and in late 96 they put the notches in the heads for the roller rockers so you might have the notches already, if not you'd have to swap heads (at least thats what I remember from it). But, finding a set of them would be a realatively cheap mod. Find the 1.6 rollers from 3400s and you'd be set

Guest TurboSedan

might try getting an Addco 7/8" rear sway bar. that thing makes ALOT of difference and isn't that expensive either.

unfortunately i broke an inner hanger and can't use mine :(

joshua

You can stop by your local GM dealer and ask for a 98+ Buick K-Bar. It's a front strut tower brace. You'll have to drill two holes on each side of your front strut towers into the tower plates [they're black]. It's easy to do if you have a drill with a good bit. You can also use the same bar for the rear. I believe this is the parts number for it: Part# 12456148

You can also get the GM Performance Parts tubular rear trailing arms from your local GM dealer. They are for the newer W-Body's, but they will fit your car. They are MUCH stronger then the cheap factory stamp steal junk you have on right now. Part# 12498649. You'll need two of them.

already got the front, and I'm gonna make one for the rear out of some steel piping I have.

I made a rear STB out of a 92 Bonneville SSEi FRONT STB. I just had to get a 2in longer connector bar and cut the two mount pieces just a little. Its a VERY strong bar. I got a couple of pics....although no not very good

I said cheap, boys ;-)

a long peice of hose on the air charge senser run it to the front of the car out of the heat i dont know if it realy works but heard it does

I said cheap, boys ;-)

a long peice of hose on the air charge senser run it to the front of the car out of the heat i dont know if it realy works but heard it does

the only way i see this would work is to have a exit on the hose use a tee or a Y that way cold air will flow throu the hose

C-Rex, where you pull numbers from is beond me concitering I do my own port/polishing work with a dremmel tool, and the junkyard charges $25 for 6 injectors. BTW, Bigger fuel injectors on a 3100 is not a great idea becuase without reprogramming the chip, you might actually foul plugs.

Go home

-Jeff