UD Pulley question....

jmacks92ste

Could someone please tell me how much of a difference it is going to make to my car if I get a new FFP UD Pulley installed as compared to if I just drive around with no accessories on (i.e. no stereo pumping, no defroster, no headlights during the day). I know that the UD Pulley helps free up HP from reducing the drag caused by accessories...so at night with my headlights on it would definately help. But during the day with basically no accessories running..is it really going to help much?

Thanks,

Jim

The belt still goes around your accessory pulleys when you're not using them. It's a lighter and smaller pulley, from what I understand. It will help all day.

hey i read an article that said the test is as follows: disconnect your belt completely (temporarily) and drive like a 1/4 mile or something and see if you notice a difference. the theory is that you see how much HP gain you get with NO DRAG WHATSOEVER. if you notice a big difference like that, maybe the pulley is worth it.

I never had the chance to try it though so i couldnt tell you. but they said the put a saturn (i think) on the dyno and only saw a difference of 3HP gain with no belt at all. so even with the new pulley they only predicted about .5 HP gain. I dont think its worth any near the cost of the pulleys which FFP sells for like $110. plus it sounds liie complicated or expensive installation. I personally would try the dogbones first! keep me posted