question about TCC

grandprix89

sup all..ok i know my car is equipped with a TCC, but i don't think it engages at around 35-40 mph but a lot sooner than that around 5 MPH...when i slow down to a stop u can feel it disengage right before i stop completely, and the engine doesn't stall...is there any way to solve this problem..either by making it engage at 40 mph like it's supposed to ..or not engage at all since i think it's useless to run with the TCC always engaged..any opinions, suggestions?

thanks in advance

I think that last thing you are feeling is it shifting out of 2nd gear and into first. There is NO WAY it locks up in 1st gear, its just not made to work that way. At easy throttle it should engage around 35mph in 3rd gear

u're right..i drove my friends grand prix and at exactly 35 mph..it feels like an upshift and the rpm drops a little bit so i guess that the TCC engaging..what i'm trying to explain is ..i feel the downshift from 2nd to 1st at about 10 mph..while braking for a stop light for example..but at about 5 mph u can feel like another downshift again so that's what i guessed..also if i brake suddenly on snow, for example, and the front wheels block, it will stop the engine..like if the TCC would not disengage..and cause the engine to stall..

where is the electrical connector for TCC so i can disable it..(2.8 engine here)..

as for going 35 MPH, on my car it doesn't do anything..RPM doesn't drop nothign engages..until about 40-45 when the 4th gears kicks in..that's the symptomes..

When's the last time you changed the tranny fluid and filter? The TCC plug is on the front of the tranny, basically under the airbox. You should see black plug about 4inches from where the block attaches to the bellhousing. Just take that out, and the TCC will not engage. Take that plug out and see how it runs. But first, I would like to know about the fluid

they run fine with out the plug

shitty gas milage, but it is still running like champ

i had that problem with when it was plugged in, my car would stall when it got hot, and i had to wait till the car cooled off before i could drive it

it was odd, the car would start, adn run, but instantly stall when i put it in gear.....

oh well

hi..ok the fluid and filter of the tranny was changed last summer, in 2003..it didn't change much in how the car was running..just it shifts more smoothly..there's no jerk or shock while passing gears at high throttle..so i guess the fluid is pretty new.did maybe 10000 miles with it since last summer

• 1 month later...