3.1 intake variances

Z34door

ok my parts car has a 3.1 also but it is a 90 model. i need to know if there is any dofference i was thinkinabout porting the upper and lower intake and gasket matching it and being able to bolt the car together in a day.my car is a 92 vin T 3.1 multiport and the parts car is also a vin T 3.2 i heard about the upper intake gaskets being different but i think i can solve that problem. with just using 90 intake gaskets

I had a 91 plenum on my 90 motor, the 91 had bolts with rubber boots and the brake booster outlet was different. I used 91 bolts and fab'd up the brake booster line, ran fine till it ignighted.

-Jeff

Guest TurboSedan
I had a 91 plenum on my 90 motor, the 91 had bolts with rubber boots and the brake booster outlet was different. I used 91 bolts and fab'd up the brake booster line, ran fine till it ignighted.

-Jeff

i had a '91 plenum on my '90 motor (RIP), and i used the '90 bolts. the bolt holes in the '90 plenum were too small for the '91 bolts because the '91 bolts have a rubber sleeve around them even tho the bolts themselves are smaller - besides the '91 bolts were too small to even thread into the '90 lower intake. gaskets should be the same for every year, but Fel-Pro plenum gaskets are the steel type with rubber o-rings around the ports. the cheaper kind like Niehoff are just paper. if i got new gaskets i would probably just use the cheapo paper variety.

joshua

so if i put the complete intake. upper and lower on i'll have to fab up a brake booster line and thats it??? any variances in the EGR?? i want to use this intake bc my intake has 2 broken valve cover holes in it causing an oil leak.

EGR bolted right on, I used a spare hose I had for a brake line, worked fine. tripple check the plenum gaskets if u have the metal 1s because there not supposed to be reused, and they can leak.

-Jeff

vin T 3.2

since when did these cars have a 3.2 liter engine?

i thought it was only the quad four, 2.5 liter 4, some other 4, 2.8 liter v-6, 3.1 liter v-6, 3.4 liter v-6, and 3.8 liter v-6