Anyone put a supercharger on a 3.8 Olds Intrigue?

jamcneely

Just wondering if anyone has put a super charger on an Olds Intrigue with the 3.8 S2 (98 model only)? I am thinking of doing this to mine, would appeciate any tips from those that have done this or know much about it. Mainly I'm concerned about any upgrades I'll have to do to the ECU, the Injectors, Fuel Rail, MAF Sensor, Throttle body, and any brackets I may need to complet the project. I'm thinking that it would just be easier to get a super charged 3.8 out of a wrecked Grand Prix or something, because I think the compresion ratio of a 3.8 S2 and a 3.8 supercharged is different?

Yes, there are significant differences between the 3800 Series II [L36] and the Supercharged 3800 Series II [L67]. Bolting up a supercharger will not give you any good results... differences in compression ratio, internal part strengths, vacuum routings and the like. You'll want to swap powertrains with the tranny like Canadian Badass recommended.

- Erik

If you really want to put a supercharger on your car the basic parts you wound need to get it to work are:

L67 heads-they have the injectors placed in them instead of the intake manifold.

Lower intake manifold

gaskets

Supercharger

Dual belt harmonic balancer

2 belt tentioner pulleys and their brackets

Both belts

maybe the L67 Throttle body- I think it's bigger than the L36 TB

maybe ECM- L67 has less timing advance, and you might be able to skip this if you run 93 octane fuel and stock boost.

You might need the L67 injectors and fuel pump also.

I think that are the "basics" to get it to work.

I would also recomend at least a HD trans cooler if you want to keep the tranny. it will not burn up as fast that way.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Swapping the whole drivetrain would save ME a bunch of trouble. Thanks for the in-put everyone.

Oh by the way, anyone looking for a 1998 3.8 Series II with a 4T60-E, with 75k miles? :D

Yeah, thats what I thought. Swapping the whole drivetrain would save ME a bunch of trouble. Thanks for the in-put everyone.

Oh by the way, anyone looking for a 1998 3.8 Series II with a 4T60-E, with 75k miles? :D

How much with installation?

Sorry Dudes, I was just kidding on selling the powertrain. I will be looking for a supercharged 3.8 in the near future though. If you have an place to go for that?

Anyway, you both would of really wanted me to Install it? Isn't that taking all the fun out of it? :D

• 7 years later...

I made a blog telling you exactly how to perform a top swap on an intrigue. http://topswapintrigue.blogspot.com The most important thing to remember is get a good computer tune, otherwise you will detonate. You have to get a tune for a buick regal gs to work on an intrigue, not a grand prix, or anything else. They dont make computer tunes for an intrigue, but the regal is the same car.

Not only that, the blog lacks any sort of detail, and is very general. Can someone remove the link from his post so that it doesn't steer people into buying stuff that won't work?