S&S Headers

cd_1.jpg

Header Front (right bank)

c7_1.jpg

Header Rear (left bank)

94_1.jpg

Rear header oppiste side

ec_1.jpg

I know there will be firewall clearnce issue with the 5th gen monte but I plan to get these thing in one way or another :twisted:

Guest TurboSedan

they definately won't fit on the DOHC. the exhaust ports on a DOHC are all evenly spaced apart on each side, so you can actually bolt up a rear manifold on the front if you wanted to (turbo apps). the 2.8/3.1 MPFI has exhaust ports spaced apart like the 3x00 headers in the above pics.

i wonder if it would be possible/how hard it would be to modify those headers for the 3.1 MPFI?

joshua

Yeah that would be cool if they fit a 3.1 . Would the gain be worth the effort? I saw a mustang on a show that gauned 17 horse from headers and a cone intake setup, but I guess that is a V8.

If you wanna bolt them up to a 3.1 might aswell do a 3x00 top end swap and then notice a huge gain

That is what i will be doing this summer to my already modded 3.1. Fully ported 3400 intake and head setup with those headers. Should put my 3.1 into the mid to low 15s. What a beast! :lol:

Guest TurboSedan
If you wanna bolt them up to a 3.1 might aswell do a 3x00 top end swap and then notice a huge gain :twisted:

what i really want is two shorty style SS mandrel bent headers on each side, without the dump on the rear header, so it would basically be a mirror image of the front header. then between those a custom mandrel bent SS 2.25" crossover pipe with SS braided flexes and a T3 flange :)

i think Gen-II stuff and a T3 turbo would be good enough for now :)

joshua