Who here uses a SONY head unit?

gmrulz4u

DSO?  

1. 1. DSO?

• ON
    • OFF
    • Depends On Music

If you do currently have a Sony in-dash CD player, I have a few questions...

First, do you use the DSO(Dynamic Soundstage Organizer) all the time, not at all, or only sometimes?

Second, where are the speakers located upfront in your car?

And lastely, what differences do you notice, audibly, with DSO turned ON?

THANKS!:)

well i do not use sony, but a friend of mine does.

i personally do not like any enhancing done by the HU.

so if i did own one then it would be turned off.

my front speaks are located in kick pods.

and a single 12 out back.

Monty

I have a 2 year old Sony head unit... No DSO....

I have 2 stock speakers up in the dash, 2 stock tweaters in the door, 2 stock lower door speakers, and 2 stock 6x9s (all part of the Buick Concert Sound Package), I added 2 MTX 10" subs in a custom built encloser in my trunk powered by a 450 watt RMS amp. Sounds really good all together. The Mids and Highs are clear, and my subs rattle the glass, the lights, and the sign on the front of the building where I work.

But I have a question:

Does anybody know teh size of teh speakers I have up front? All stock stuff like I said.

I am gonna re-post this so more people see it

As far as DSO is concerned, my friend had a DSO Sony head unit in his ford Contour... Didn't notice any differences, but it may just be me.

your best bet would be to hit up http://www.crutchfield.com and you should be able to find what fits your car either as a direct replacement or with some simple mods like a dif baffle or mounting plate.

i know when i was looking for a HU kit for my friends 97 s-blazer i had some wierd luck with http://www.walmart.com i do believe it was a pdf file but in the maze to look at the car audio stuff they had a section on finding the right install kit for the dif vehicles. it also listen if you needed an antenna adapter and the size of the dif speaks.

good luck

Monty

I have a sony head unit.... I dont use the DSO stuff because I has a 16 band EQ running to a 4 channel MTX amp..... as for a stock speeker setup..... I thought It sounded good with SOME tune's, but not many, (mind you I was a studio tech so Im pretty picky about the sound quality)

I have a sony head unit.... I dont use the DSO stuff because I has a 16 band EQ running to a 4 channel MTX amp..... as for a stock speeker setup..... I thought It sounded good with SOME tune's, but not many, (mind you I was a studio tech so Im pretty picky about the sound quality)

a studio tech Huh?

did you like the job?

what kinda speaks ya run or have ran or want to run? in car and in house if ya don't mind.

Monty