why not to do burnouts in snow

srsheely220

well me and my buddy were in his 95 grand prix casue 3 days eariler i had blown the engine in my 95 grand prix were in the snow. SO he gets the bright idea to set the e-brake in the snow and do a burnout. so he is smoking the tires and pulls foward and hits dry pavement and actually shoots gears outa the tranny and to the ground. has anybody else seen gears shoot outa a tranny like that

haha yea we joke about that but his car had 195,000 miles on it and it was just haveing a little fun and mine was the high school droping a wrench in my engine and starting it and sending it right into one of my heads. And who care's he is swapping the 3800sc in it anyway and my engine burned so much oil its prolly cheaper to put a new engine in it

it was pretty nasty but it was only like 8 houses down from my house so we pushed it too my house and put it right next to my broke down grand prix. shoulda took a pic of that one but didnt

my god that is hilarious! :lol: ...the only time I've seen anything close to that was years ago when I saw a local cabbie jam his plymouth gran fury into reverse at about 40-50mph to keep from hitting this little old lady that was pulling out in front of him....the back tires locked up first which I think was the brakes...then came the shower of smoke, fluid and various clutch paks and planetary gears. That sucker left parts in the road for a good 50-75 feet before it finally stopped. He missed the old lady, to which the cabbie said "fuck the tranny! if I have one more accident I'd lose my license!" He luckily pulled this little stunt right in front of the Chrysler dealer where I was working at the time. I helped him push the car into the lot. We got it into the shop and raised it on the lift. All that was left was one totally screwed torque converter, a portion of the main housing and a chunk of the output shaft sticking out of the tail extension over the rear mount. never seen one so lunched since then.

yea it was kinda worth it thoguh cause that has gotta be the most smoke i have ever seen a little 3100 make before the tranny went. And now he is going from a powertrain that has no aftermarket(cept for an underdrive pulley) to a 3800sc (which i dont really care for) but it has 240hp outa the box and an aftermarket

it was probably the differential..I've seen a few pics on the internet where people were burning out/doing stupid shit and having pieces of the differential blow out of the transaxle..the 4T60-E's anyway 8)

yea it was kinda worth it thoguh cause that has gotta be the most smoke i have ever seen a little 3100 make before the tranny went. And now he is going from a powertrain that has no aftermarket(cept for an underdrive pulley) to a 3800sc (which i dont really care for) but it has 240hp outa the box and an aftermarket

as much as i like the L67, the 60* v6s have a much bigger aftermarket for internals as opposed to bolt ons. i think the best u can do for the 67 is differnt cams

hey how did you find these engine internals. I have looked on the net so many times to make the car faster and never find anything but pullies and dogbones and a 3,500 supercharger for the 3100. Oh and ported and polished intakes and heads. Can you mabey throw a couple links or somethin cause i would like to build up my next 3100 or if i can tell my dad that coolant senser in the head of the 3100 dont do nothing but read the dash temp 3400

as much as i like the L67, the 60* v6s have a much bigger aftermarket for internals as opposed to bolt ons. i think the best u can do for the 67 is differnt cams

I would have to disagree with you on that one. Check out http://www.zzperformence.com

D