Which Factory CD deck works in my car?

Dirty Rockstar

I want a Factory CD player.. (My $.99 DIN 1.5 Jensen CD deck is havin problems) Do, I want to know which CD deck will work with little-to no rewiring in my 90 Lumina? I have one here, but I supect there's a problem (Channel buttons don't work, CDs dont play, and it doesn't eject the CD..) If anyone has insight, or can tell me what to do with this delco CD deck I have, let me know..

why dont you get a 1.5 Din pioneer deck i have seen them as low as 199.99

I would, but Im going for the factory flair.. Also, my friends sister has one in her car and I don't care for the sound it gives off.. (Not loud enough for me either :lol: )

I can guarantee the factory deck won't be louder than almost any aftermarket deck, they simply don't have as much power. You could look for the kenwood 1.5 din, i'm not sure if you want the silver deck, but the backlighting changes to match just about any interior lighting.

Good luck

why dont you get a 1.5 Din pioneer deck i have seen them as low as 199.99

I would, but Im going for the factory flair.. Also, my friends sister has one in her car and I don't care for the sound it gives off.. (Not loud enough for me either :lol: )

You say a Pioneer isn't loud enough, and your wanting to find a Delco HU?? That makes no sense.

I've got the Pioneer 1.5 DIN HU in my TGP, I don't use the built in amplifier, but I have used it before. If that doesn't get loud enough for you, then something's wrong with your hearing or the headunit you listened to.

If you want to keep your stock Delco HU, then look at the link I provided in the previous post I made in this thread. Your Delco HU suffers the same problems that most of the others do, and that is a failing CD mechanism. The instructions on my site will lead you through replacing the bad mechanism. Even if your CD player doesn't look exactly like the one on my website, they are very similar internally.

Kenwood makes a 2 din that does the same color switching as their 1 din decks, for some reason i was thinking it was a 1.5 din. Clarion also makes a few decks that change colors in the same way.

The problemwith our cars is that nobody takes any serious effort to make a really good 1.5 or 2 din deck anymore. everything is 1 din, and if they need to they add a hideaway box for extra space. So we're all stuck using an ugly spacer or an old 1.5 din deck.

oh well