Water Pump?

93 Grand Prix

I think I blew my water pump today. I was driving, when my low coolant light came on...I figured that I just need to add a little because it was starting to get cold here in tennessee. Then I smelled a funny smell, like burnt water. I popped the hood and steam started to coming out. Is it the water pump or something else? I will have it looked at and possibly fixed. I guess What I need to know is "is there anything I need to be cautious of, and Is there anything I need to be aware of.

P.S. Still missing at idel. No acceleration if fourth gear. Guess I will just have to live with it. Gonna try my second set of Fuel injectors. Look at my other post "fuel injectors"

Thanks, and God Bless

• 3 weeks later...

There's some sort of gasket or seal at the bottom of the water pump that will fail eventually. I had this happen to me at 120,000 miles. $150 parts an labour for a new pump. (at least GM puts this part right up top) I also had a head gasket leak that caused a slow coolant leak but that's another story. The missing problem, not sure if this applies to you or not but I had a bad coil pack that caused me endless trouble about a year ago. There are three of them, could be any one of them, and again, a cheap fix. Problem was being an intermittent defect the mechanics couldn't repeat the problem with the car idling.

>I think I blew my water pump today. I was driving, when my low >coolant light came on...I figured that I just need to add a little because it

>P.S. Still missing at idel. No acceleration if fourth gear. Guess I will >just have to live with it. Gonna try my second set of Fuel injectors. >Look at my other post "fuel injectors"

Thanks, and God Bless

If its the 3.1L it only takes half an hour to change it. Mine went out at 105k and it was pretty easy to change, only cost me 30 bux for a new pump. Basically take off the serpentine belt, loosen the screws on the water pump pully and the screws underneath the pulley cover and you should have it made.

Aaron